Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal Fusion...don't do it!

Interesting video on statistics of those who have fusions verses conservative treatment. I believe the disability % is a lot higher than stated in this video.

I do believe some do need a fusion. If you have a broken vertebrae or you are having loss of control of bladder, or loss of ability to walk.

Spinal fusions are  being done more in the workers compensation arena than private insurance. Get at least 2 other opinions before considering this very evasive procedure!

We took a small pole on this site and I asked injured workers if they were the same, better or worse after their fusion and both neck and lower back patients replied. Every person replied they have more pain now than before their fusion, including myself! It was not a large sampling, but to me it was very telling and similar to what I hear from most patients I have come across is that they are in worse pain, in fact I have only met one person who stated he was in less pain.

If you talk to a chiropractor they can give you an explanation of what their patients who had fusions are going through and how many became worse after their fusion. They can also help explain what happens to the disc above and below the fusion. Many people end up having fusions, then hardware removals, and then additional fusions above or below the original fusion. This is because that area weakens.

Fusions are big money for ortho surgeons in the workers compensation system.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.
I know I got about 2 days of pain relief from my cervical fusion I also believe it was because they had IV drugs in me.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spinal Fusion and knee surgery scam California_Help 2 1,361 08-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Spinal Fusion Smoker vs Non smokers darrinb 20 14,608 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Last Post: jayne