Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prilosec issues
I can't speak to the specific kidney issues, but my doctor ordered me on Omeprazole (Generic Prilosec) a few years ago. After taking it for almost two years, I became uncomfortable with what I've read regarding potential side effects from long term exposure to it. I researched alternatives and have had tremendous success with Betaine HCL, which is an over the counter form of hydrochloric acid. The theory is that heartburn is actually a product of decreased stomach acid, and as we age we produce less acid.

I was originally diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus. Taking that supplement a couple times a day has wiped out any heartburn I was having. I'm due for a physical this week, and we will see if the condition has improved as I think it has.
I also have Barrett's esophagus and was on both Omeprazole and Pantoprazole but not as effective as hoped, GERD surgery’s the next step and I was recently involved in a liver study where Betaine was taken, it took care of the liver numbers but did nothing for the acid attacks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insomnia and Next Day alertness issues... 1171 4 2,620 03-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Tornado issues fatboy 4 3,533 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Medical Issues and Christmas Presents. UndercovrAngel 8 3,313 01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Gathering WC Issues.... red1030 104 24,214 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Health issues-don't use glasses at hotels CRABBY 2 1,673 12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Last Post: MJC