Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its gonna be a good one 1171
(07-29-2016, 12:07 AM)1171 Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 10:14 AM)Manley2 Wrote: I've not really been able to take a vacation for over 10 years, just don't have the funds. Many of the past presidents went home for vacation or to camp David and not running off all over the world like he has done or his wife and kids.

are you complaining about their fortune or yours?
Hopefully you're doing the right things to change yours.?

Hard to do too much with mine. SSD doesn't pay very much and being fixed doesn't help.

well seeing as how our tax dollars and broken bodies are paying for theirs we got the right
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I don't understand how alienating some long time republican leaders like McCain, whitman, ryan, etc. helps trump's campaign?
I realize hard core supporters will follow him over the cliff but I'm thinking his bizarre outbursts and public slams will push the more neutral republicans into a "not voting this time" mode. which can't be good for other republicans on local ballots.
what's going on?
seems like a dangerous strategy...
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

we seeing as how being a worker of Killerys can get you killed right now. Trump is not a politician he doesn't do their dance so well. Which is one of the reasons I like him. I don't in no way shape or form want the Clintons in there again we just cant do it again we wont have a country left. We are the laughing stock of the rest of the world. Our country is beyond broke and we are leaving behind a debt our grandkids, grandkids will be saddled with. If we are still a free country by then. Obama and our government reminds me of young married couple that has just got a credit card and just spends and spends after all its not real money its plastic. And then the bill comes, so they get another one to pay the other one and it just goes down hill.

I hate to break this to you but the US has come thru the Great Recession and financial meltdown much better then most.
Which countries/ people's do you think are better off ?
Britain, france, Spain, Japan, Mexico, Canada,Brazil, India, Europe, China, Germany, Saudi  Arabia, Israel?
What economic figures do you use? GDP, employment rate?
We are at almost full employment with Little to  no inflation! crime is as low as it's ever been.
Financially we are strong. We still draw the most investment globally. People that have money and know how to use it put it here.....
Comparatively speaking as a country we are good and getting better faster.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I want some of your Kool aid. All kidding aside where do you live? because here young men and women are getting out of collage with loans large enough to choke a horse. Lots of empty store fronts small and large businesses going broke between taxes and wages they cant pay because no one has the money to buy their products. I mean really who wants to pay $1.80 for a 20 oz soda. Bill went into a gas station store to pay for fuel and get me a cup with ice and water $1.25 for the water the lady said I am sorry but they count the cups before you leave and if you don't have the right amount you are charged for them. I don't know about where you live but it is hard here. If it wasn't for Bills 24 years in the military we would go under just buying insurance.

With all due respect, we have 94,000,000 people not in the workforce at the moment. The most as a percentage of population since the Carter presidency. Just because we don't count the permanently unemployed anymore doesn't make us at full employment.

there are more retirees and others that don't have to work and yes the duration of the unemployment period is high.
In July, 2.0 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, about unchanged from a year earlier. (The data are not seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force, wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey."

those areas and pockets where the numbers are not so good are getting better.
i'm looking at where we are going and what we are doing and the numbers are positive on employment. i think we handled the post-meltdown period pretty well . to answer jayne's post: it's not been a disaster
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
http://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-sit...t-rate.htm#
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(07-29-2016, 12:07 AM)1171 Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 10:14 AM)Manley2 Wrote: I've not really been able to take a vacation for over 10 years, just don't have the funds. Many of the past presidents went home for vacation or to camp David and not running off all over the world like he has done or his wife and kids.

are you complaining about their fortune or yours?
Hopefully you're doing the right things to change yours.?

just what do you expect him to do 1171? Please I want to know also

Visit a national park. It is a very inexpensive way to spend a few days. Most have nice trails, picnic areas, nature programs, etc.
maybe not as elaborate as vacationing at camp David but a nice way to get away and appreciate what the country has.
A vacation doesn,t have to be about how much you spend but maybe what can bring joy, beauty, and relaxation.
Just a thought; it might not be for everyone.

do you have some other suggestions to our posters that may want some vacation time but have limited income?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Its gonna be one of those nights jayne 7 3,999 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  watch this its good...1171 dont bother jayne 0 1,535 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Not gonna be around much jayne 13 8,209 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: MJC
Toungue The Fun Continues (Gonna Write a Soap Opera ) UndercovrAngel 2 3,267 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  gonna try again jayne 21 7,268 03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  you are not gonna believe this jayne 13 7,354 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  whens it gonna end? hurt at work 10 6,697 12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  its gonna be an awesome day!!!!!!!!!! jayne 20 7,653 10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: jayne
  ok feel like im gonna breakdown mel1980 37 12,696 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Last Post: CRABBY
  Am I gonna pay for this... monster 22 7,607 08-29-2007, 02:31 AM