Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well the games have begun about injections
I have in my hand a note that the referring Dr wrote that someone had to be with me. So the IC called the ouptatient surgery center where it is being done, and got them to say I can sit there til 5 pm, the injections are being done about 11:30. So now they say I do not need someone with me. The referring Dr is out of town, and so is my lawyer. I called my pcp, and told his nurse. She called and the NCM told her it was against the law for the IC to pay for someones ticket to accompany me. I am absolutly hysterical.

The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."

I think thats just pure bull, if they have already ok'd for someone to be with you, then they shouldn't back out of it. When are you supposed to leave? Will your lawyer or doctor be back before then? If not, can your lawyer's office reach him, or have an associate of his call the insurance company for you. Does your doctor have any associates or partners in his office that can (since you have it in writing) call the Ins.comp and tell them that it has been ordered by your doctor?

Just a few things that maybe you could try, I wish you the best.
Keep us updated about what happens. If worse comes to worse, pay for your hubby's ticket and when you return have your lawyer make them reimbursed you, if he can.

Good luck, my prayers are with you.
I was afraid of this They wouldnt pay hubby to go with me 300 miles rd trip for my surgery....they are wicked
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

What type of injections are you having done?

The center where I have my spinal injections it is their policy that someone must

be with the patient and they must have a driver.

This policy is in writting on the centers paperwork they give the patient.

If the center where you are having treatment has a similar policy then I don't see

how the policy can be changed just because it is work comp.
yes bummer I also had to have a driver but they still wouldnt pay for him
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

My treatment is provided 60 miles from my home so I found my own driver. In nearest town to where I live we don't have public transportation.
Hi Sithie,

I think something like "companion medical travel" can be negotiated with your I/C, but they have the final word, and by having you wait in the dr's office until the effects of the meds wear off, the I/C is justifying their reasoning. Anything to save a buck, thinking of the injured worker as a number, and not a real person.

Call the airlines and tell them your problem and that you have a medical rx for a companion. Many airlines will offer a good discount. You need to get your treatment with as little stress as possible for you. Worry about fighting for reimbursement later. Anyway, that's what I would do.

You might also ask someone else in your attorney's office, like a paralegal or ass't if they could help you with the I/C.

Take care. Things will work out.
Let Go, and Let God......
Here is what I am thinking. They intend to fly me there the morning of, and then at 5 take me to airport to sit till 9 pm for my flight home. I am going to drive, then he can come and they have to pay for hotel cause drive is long. First, I will call airline tomorrow, and see how much it would cost me to fly him. To bad none of my forum family lives in Denver, huh?

The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
Sorry, I forgot you were flying.
What a bunch of morons.....I'd like to see them sit for 5 hrs in the doctors office and then another 4 at the airport....you better believe they would have a companion....I don't know how they can back out once they said you could have a companion accompany you.....did they put that in writing?...I'm curious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain Games Richard+Catz 2 1,157 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 35,012 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Attorney Games? Rebos 10 5,082 04-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  my company playing games missjhawk 3 1,971 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad IC playing games lonelylib81 11 5,424 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Steroid Injections hurt back 53 32,984 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Last Post: hurt back
  Steriod Injections for Herniated Disks ib neck casual1 0 3,043 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Post: casual1
Exclamation My job is playing games lizdawiz82 8 4,622 09-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Anyone have Trigger Point Injections? NVworker 10 16,522 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: nana62
  Employer playing games ammowoman 4 3,139 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ammowoman