Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well the games have begun about injections
Well here is todays update, for those of you with tempers like mine you may need to sit down. I called the surgery center where this is being done, and here is what I was told........ They were called by the IC and asked if they could say in a court of law that it was MANDATORY for someone to stay with me overnight in a hotel there. The center could not say mandatory, for it is RECOMMENDED. I called the airline to find out when I was flying as the IC never tells me until the day before. I am going on at 6:20 am of the morning of the injections, and will be returning at 9:10 am the following day. I am assuming this means they will be putting me up in a hotel that night as I cannot stay at the surgerycenter. The NCM told my PCP it is against state law for them to pay for my husband to accompany me. We all know that is a lie. It will cost me 400.00 to buy my hubby's ticket. I guess I have no choice so I will do it.

Tell me, is this not bad faith? I am so angry. And please remember due to my 3rd party suit, WC will get ever dime they spend on me back.

I am sorry I am dumping on ya'll,
Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

I believe by the time all is said and done these people will have a front row seat in h-ll
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Sithie, could You Please explain to me why You can't fight to have this Procedure done Locally? There are Laws and Rules Protecting the Injured Worker against undue Stress, and making us Travel too Far for Care, Why must it be done there,and there, only?? I am totally lost on this one, I Live in the Country in SW Pa., and can find within 30 Miles of Me at least 10 Centers that can do these Injections? Why So Far???Sad

You are so right Sithie. This kind of treatment is criminal, making you travel alone when your dr. ordered a companion for medical necessity. You have a disability. Call the American's with Disabilities toll free number below, and tell them exactly what is going on with your I/C. Make sure you have your NCM and C/A's name and phone number ready. I don't know if it will, but it might help.

For general ADA information, answers to specific technical questions, free ADA materials, or information about filing a complaint, call:

800 - 514 - 0301 (voice)

800 - 514 - 0383 (TTY)
Let Go, and Let God......

Sithie..God be with you.

CAP

CC I am going to call them now.

Limbo, the only one close to me is Albaquerque, it is 4 hours away but is another state. Otherwise it is Denver. Salt Lake City, and Phoenix are also closer, but again out of state.

Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

same here could have had all medical care and surgery 50 miles away but was out of state soooo had to go to tulsa 311 miles rd trip....IC would not pay for honey to go and drive me home from hospital day after surgery......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It seems to me that if the i/c doesn't want to pay to have someone go with people to things like this, then the i/a themselves should have to go and take care of the i/w. Maybe if they had to personally deal with what the i/w is dealing with, they would change a few things. It is flat out bull___ that they can do this to people that are already in pain, through no fault of their own.
Sithie, I am praying for you that your pain and aggravation will be minimal and that you will be safe.

Heaven help you Sithie !
You are in my prayers. Lilly Smile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Sithie - WHy don't you call the the docs office and ask who bears the responsibility if after this procedure you are alone and your legs give out? Knowing that this procedure can possibly make your legs weak and knowing that they know this it seems they could be held liable for not insisting that you have someone with you!!! I am so pissed off over this, what a crock of crap!!!! My prayers are also with you and I hope you can get some acceptable answers soon.

BTW - if you try my method they may flat out refuse to treat you as I think they could be held liable and if this is pointed out they may not want to take the risk....
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain Games Richard+Catz 2 1,307 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 36,154 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Attorney Games? Rebos 10 5,697 04-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  my company playing games missjhawk 3 2,105 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad IC playing games lonelylib81 11 5,889 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Steroid Injections hurt back 53 35,775 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Last Post: hurt back
  Steriod Injections for Herniated Disks ib neck casual1 0 3,139 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Post: casual1
Exclamation My job is playing games lizdawiz82 8 4,895 09-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Anyone have Trigger Point Injections? NVworker 10 16,990 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: nana62
  Employer playing games ammowoman 4 3,301 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ammowoman