Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain Games
Currently I am fighting to get last months pain medication prescription filled; the insurance company is sitting on the pharmacy's payment, this happens every few months,, Sad I filed the appreciate forms with the Ca State insurance regulator it should clear in a few days..  The reason I am starting this thread is I just returned from my Monthly Dr's appointment and I now receive only 75% of the regular pain medication I normally get, form the beginning this has already been inadequate. But I am given no treatment options either as my injury is the upper back T-7/T-8/T-9 region the only option I get is pain killers inadequate pain medication at that. Making everyday a struggle as weather I kill myself or whoever is in front of me at the moment. Somehow I have made it through the last 12yrs never knowing from sleepless night to sleepless night if I should just blow my brains out and get it over with! I am quickly approaching wits end.. Any suggestions?? I have no attorney as I am over 12yrs out from Permanent/Stationary and I do have a contract for lifetime medical. Also due to California state regulations I can't really doctor shop in the hope someone will offer me a treatment option other than pills. I have applied for many experimental surgery's and supposed treatments that popup on the internets from time to time with no luck.

Again any ideas, and yes kill yourself is still on the table.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

technically your atty represents you for the life of your claim no matter when your award issued.
You can change to any physician in the medical provider network.
Just notify the carrier of your new doctor.
Let your doctor know your feelings of anger, desperation, frustration, suicide and ask for a referral for counseling/pain treatment.
I,m not sure what regulations you found that prevent you from changing doctors. Please give the legal citation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(05-31-2016, 04:23 PM)Richard+Catz Wrote: Currently I am fighting to get last months pain medication prescription filled; the insurance company is sitting on the pharmacy's payment, this happens every few months,, Sad I filed the appreciate forms with the Ca State insurance regulator it should clear in a few days..  The reason I am starting this thread is I just returned from my Monthly Dr's appointment and I now receive only 75% of the regular pain medication I normally get, form the beginning this has already been inadequate. But I am given no treatment options either as my injury is the upper back T-7/T-8/T-9 region the only option I get is pain killers inadequate pain medication at that. Making everyday a struggle as weather I kill myself or whoever is in front of me at the moment. Somehow I have made it through the last 12yrs never knowing from sleepless night to sleepless night if I should just blow my brains out and get it over with! I am quickly approaching wits end.. Any suggestions?? I have no attorney as I am over 12yrs out from Permanent/Stationary and I do have a contract for lifetime medical. Also due to California state regulations I can't really doctor shop in the hope someone will offer me a treatment option other than pills. I have applied for many experimental surgery's and supposed treatments that popup on the internets from time to time with no luck.

Again any ideas, and yes kill yourself is still on the table.

You can change doctors any time. Ask your claims adjuster for a link to your medical provider network. If you want you can come back to this forum and send me a link in a private message and I can try to help you with navigating it.

I know you feel stuck, but you have options out there. I think you just need some help as this system is very complex. I usually check this site once a day.

There could be 10 different reasons why your prescriptions are not being filled. Is your prescription at CVS? Were they denied by UR? Do you have a claims adjuster who will help you? You can also get help with an I&A officer at the WCAB.Have you ever filed for a hearing over your medication delays? An I&A officer may be able to help you with this.

Do you have alternative insurance like Medicare? If you do you can use it when something gets denied by work comp.

Is the doctor you are at a pain management doctor? Some are better than others and some doctors are better at appealing denials in this WC system. Did your doctor state why you are only receiving 75% of your pain medication? I know some doctors do this on occasion to see how the patient does on less medications.

It sounds like you have settled your claim with open medical...is this correct? It is unclear to me if you currently have an attorney.If you have Medicare or other insurance an attorney may take on your case if you are interested in closing out your medical. I would only recommend closing out your medical if you have Medicare or other insurance, then you would not have to deal with these delays/denials.

I agree with 1171 and hope you can get a referral for a counselor. While things may seem unbearable now, this will change in time. Dealing with chronic pain is difficult. I know as I have had many days without sleep and horrible pain. These things can feel overwhelming, but try to stay strong.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attorney Games? Rebos 10 6,399 04-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  my company playing games missjhawk 3 2,241 12-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad IC playing games lonelylib81 11 6,414 04-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Exclamation My job is playing games lizdawiz82 8 5,235 09-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Employer playing games ammowoman 4 3,525 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  WC BS Games Again Cervical_Fusion 8 6,737 04-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Last Post: AQA
Question WC playing games with me, what can i do? kylee 6 5,854 12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Last Post: orange
  Games they do play bodybuilder1958 1 2,511 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Games Employers Play UndercovrAngel 6 7,265 10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Well the games have begun about injections Sithie 30 12,685 10-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Last Post: monster