Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI Approved -Have Small Kids...Questions (CA)
Hi,

The judge approved my SSDI last week, he also stated that he'd expedite it. Questions:

1. How long does it usually take to receive payment from the time they approve?

2. I know there'll be offsets with SDI and WC TTD and PD, can someone please help explain?

3. I have two teenagers, my attorney said they'll get compensate too. How, how long and how much?

Any response is greatly appreciated!

Have a happy Memorial Weekend!

THANK YOU!

(05-28-2016, 01:45 PM)neckpain101 Wrote: Hi,

The judge approved my SSDI last week, he also stated that he'd expedite it.

How long does it usually take to get payment from the time they approve, earliest and latest? I am in dire need of money!!!

THANK YOU!
Mine took a little over two months to receive.

(05-28-2016, 01:45 PM)neckpain101 Wrote: Hi,

The judge approved my SSDI last week, he also stated that he'd expedite it. Questions:

1. How long does it usually take to receive payment from the time they approve?

2. I know there'll be offsets with SDI and WC TTD and PD, can someone please help explain?

3. I have two teenagers, my attorney said they'll get compensate too. How, how long and how much?

THANK YOU!
From what I have read from injured workers it takes 1-2 months after they have been awarded. The judge stated he would expedite it, so hopefully it will be sooner. You should receive something in the mail that explains how much you and each child will receive and also how it will be prorated.

You will get a back payment check for the dates you should have been approved for SSDI minus any attorney's fees. Did you have a SSDI attorney?

How they pro rate it is they take your PD or TTD and deduct some of it so you are not making over a certain % of your original income. If you have any changes with PD or TTD you need to notify social security so they can adjust their payments.

Your children will receive checks until age 18. You can use these checks but will need to show you used them towards care for them, example, food, rent clothes etc.

You should call Social Security and ask a representative if they can tell you when you will receive SSDI.

Get a good tax person because your WCTTD and WC PD is not taxable and there is a threshold for what is taxable with SSDI....I think it is anything over $30, 000. per year, but not sure.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Calif.

It's always my pleasure to hear from you. Hope things are going well for you and yours!

Yes, I do have an attorney, she have submitted all my paperwork regarding my TTD, PD, and SDI payments, to the judge.

The IC have stopped my PD since April, stating that, based on my PQME reports, they have paid me enough for my injury, if disagree, I can ask my WC attorney to appeal. They, then, will send me back to the same PQME for re-evaluation. Of course, I will appeal, but I will try to get AME instead, because this PQME is a total IC bias!

I am currently collecting my full SDI benefit, and awaiting for SSDI payments.

I will post update once I got response from SSA office.

Again, thanks for the info.

Hopefully you will start getting SSDI payments soon!

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Approved for ssdi while receiving WC in reverse offset state farmboy 7 286 06-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: farmboy
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 579 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 13 18,909 09-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  SSDI.. Are kids benefits taxable? Hoosier_Daddy 10 10,815 03-17-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Stalling paying for approved surgery lagaile 4 1,395 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
  How To Get Yoga Approved CA Work Comp California_Help 0 1,399 08-10-2015, 11:54 AM
  Kids' Chance of NJ-NJ scholarship fund-Looking for kids to add to data base apepka 1 1,845 05-16-2015, 01:05 PM
  Approved for NYS disability retirement........ sonny1 15 14,755 10-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  came off work comp, then went on STD, paycheck small doublevision 6 5,143 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
  Approved for SSD Just received 2nd MMI rating lefty 2 5,756 11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: lefty