Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different way to look at addiction
http://chasingthescream.com/category/videos/

When you have time and enjoy TED talks the first video above is worth watching.

Or you can watch this short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(05-22-2016, 06:30 PM)California_Help Wrote: http://chasingthescream.com/category/videos/

When you have time and enjoy TED talks the first video above is worth watching.

Or you can watch this short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8L-0nSYzg
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

Yes I've seen a few of these lately please note TEDx is not properly TED they don't get the vetting or have the same level of expertise of a regular TED TALK . At this point I'm not really impressed by anyone judging chronic pain victims as addicts. In my case treatment has been blocked by the insurance company! even a simple nerve block has been rejected. All that has been allowed is pain medication for over 12yrs, If the do gooder assholes want to do something; get the blocks to treatment removed. I've been in the same pain medication Opana so long that is only marginally effective. Now with the Addiction Cultists breathing down my Dr's neck he wonts to lower the dose, without trying to change medication or try to fight for treatment options... it's unacceptable I really don't know how much longer I can live with the pain it's already become my whole life, Family have withdrawn. the only friends are my cats. At times they can't stand me and go out for a few days. The only one who can't get away is me! and I really need to.
Sad  CDC Guideline 2016 Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain will be the death of me.
[url=http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm]http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/rr/rr6501e1.htm[/url]

(06-03-2016, 10:25 AM)Richard+Catz Wrote: Yes I've seen a few of these lately please note TEDx is not properly TED they don't get the vetting or have the same level of expertise of a regular TED TALK . At this point I'm not really impressed by anyone judging chronic pain victims as addicts. In my case treatment has been blocked by the insurance company! even a simple nerve block has been rejected.  All that has been allowed is pain medication for over 12yrs, If the do gooder assholes want to do something; get the blocks to treatment removed.  I've been in the same pain medication Opana so long that is only marginally effective. Now with the Addiction Cultists breathing down my Dr's neck he wonts to lower the dose, without trying to change medication or try to fight for treatment options... it's unacceptable I really don't know how much longer I can live with the pain it's already become my whole life, Family have withdrawn. the only friends are my cats. At times they can't stand me and go out for a few days. The only one who can't get away is me! and I really need to.

Some doctors  lower pain medication to see how your pain level is, and if the medications are still working. I think they have to do this once in a while to justify continuing treatment. If your pain increases, then contact your doctor. Hopefully it will not increase too much and then your doctor can try to find alternative treatments for your pain.

Nerve blocks etc have treatment guidelines. Many WC doctors are not aware of the guidelines needed to get things approved. They can go outside of MTUS, chronic Pain, ODG etc guidelines if they can find other guidelines or peer reviews that better fit your condition.

If your doctor is not helping you, or is not familiar with how to get UR denials overturned.. I recommend to research a new pain management doctor on your MPN. You are not stuck with him.

I am sorry to read about your friends and family. I highly recommend to try and reconnect with your family and try to get involved with something that interests you, that you can do.

The above Ted talk did not discuss patients with chronic pain and addiction. It only discussed addiction.

I hope you will find some relief to your chronic pain. I wish you well.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-03-2016, 10:25 AM)Richard+Catz Wrote: Yes I've seen a few of these lately please note TEDx is not properly TED they don't get the vetting or have the same level of expertise of a regular TED TALK . At this point I'm not really impressed by anyone judging chronic pain victims as addicts. In my case treatment has been blocked by the insurance company! even a simple nerve block has been rejected.  All that has been allowed is pain medication for over 12yrs, If the do gooder assholes want to do something; get the blocks to treatment removed.  I've been in the same pain medication Opana so long that is only marginally effective. Now with the Addiction Cultists breathing down my Dr's neck he wonts to lower the dose, without trying to change medication or try to fight for treatment options... it's unacceptable I really don't know how much longer I can live with the pain it's already become my whole life, Family have withdrawn. the only friends are my cats. At times they can't stand me and go out for a few days. The only one who can't get away is me! and I really need to.
 We are addicts in my case if they would have gotten me the help to get fixed right off the bat I might have had a chance to go back to work or less pain they didn't and the pain meds are all that keep me from screaming in pain and sometimes I just have to go to a quiet place and just scream. When I first got hurt I didn't wish this hell on anyone a year later I wanted the IC and my co worker who turned on me to feel it for just one day. about 6 months after that I wanted them to have it for a month and go to the drug store and be told sorry they didn't okay your refill now years later I have decided they shouldn't have to cuz no one deserves to be woke up in the middle of the night hurting so bad you swallow a pain med but your up about an hour before you can settle down again if you ever can. I don't want anyone to hurt like I do. Ever.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(06-04-2016, 04:12 PM)jayne Wrote:
 We are addicts in my case if they would have gotten me the help to get fixed right off the bat I might have had a chance to go back to work or less pain they didn't and the pain meds are all that keep me from screaming in pain and sometimes I just have to go to a quiet place and just scream. When I first got hurt I didn't wish this hell on anyone a year later I wanted the IC and my co worker who turned on me to feel it for just one day. about 6 months after that I wanted them to have it for a month and go to the drug store and be told sorry they didn't okay your refill now years later I have decided they shouldn't have to cuz no one deserves to be woke up in the middle of the night hurting so bad you swallow a pain med but your up about an hour before you can settle down again if you ever can. I don't want anyone to hurt like I do. Ever.

Jayne, is your doctor a pain management doctor? I am very sorry to read about the pain you are in.

He is my PCP who is also the only PM Dr around. I need control of my body he knows this. Which is why I stay he treated me for my cluster migrains before I got hurt. Needles to say when I got hurt the WC Drs had years of junk to wade thru.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 26,529 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler