Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JANE
Kathy, we are very lucky to have military insurance. People do not have any idea the hell some adopted children go thru. We have had a lot of trouble with Daniel since he met his bio Mother and Grandmother. After about 30 seconds he turned his back and went to his " happy place" and didn't come out till I went and touched his shoulder and told him it was time to go. He has had a rough 2 years since its very hard to tell him he is good, kind, loving and totally different than her he just needed more help than his Dad and I could give him. Please watch Cody close Daniel and Cody were a lot alike.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi Jayne I have not been on here for a long time now, I still read what all is going on here daily. But Jayne I am so so sorry for all the pain that you have had to endure. I know god has helped you through it all and will continue to help you as you go through life.
My main reason for stopping here today to post is I would like thank you and your entire family for the Military Service that your family has given to our country. Thank You Jayne
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Ahhhh C_F thank you so much we are spending this day at home. One thing I had before my injury was cluster migrains and they still stayed around even when all my so called friends here in town had better things to do my headaches stayed. Wasn't that sweet of them?

My precious Caraleeta will go into the Air Force on the 21 st of June. I am so proud of her and scared at the same time. One of my brothers on here lives in San Antonio Texas, Maybe we can meet up and paint the town a nice shade of blue.

(05-30-2016, 11:16 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 06:12 PM)California_Help Wrote: Thanks CA, the problem in Kansas is our Governor has refused to expand Medicaid,
with that it is very difficult to find a doctor who will accept Medicaid and Medicare patients. 

My son is also covered under a private insurance plan but that doesn't seem to matter.

I am Executive Director for a non-profit and our organization networks with other agencies and families.  Family support services is one of our key programs.

The lack of mental health services in our state is a common problem in Kansas and to make matters worse mental health hospitals are being closed by the state.

Sorry for what you Jane and bummerknees are going through.

Bummerknees this is a good organization, maybe they can offer some guidance on where to get help.
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/finding-help

Joining a support group may be helpful.

I do not understand why some states (Republican) refused to expand Medicaid.  Their own people are suffering because of this.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I have Medicare I had to take it when my SSDI course hit the 2 year mark. I hate it with every fiber in me I hate it. When you call to make an appt. the first thing they ask is what insurance do you have? When I tell them Medicare with Champus as a kicker. They don't take medicare or medicade. The only Dr I still have since getting medicare card is my PCP of 24 years but he is the forst to tell me he isn't taking a new medicare/cade patients. Having the government involved in your medical care is like locking a hungry fox in your hen house. It took me almost 2 years to find a spine Dr that took medicare and wasn't a walking mal practice suit.

(05-28-2016, 09:04 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:54 AM)jayne Wrote: things are better guys. Daniel is on some meds to help him for awhile.
When my daughter was in middle school I notice cut marks on the bathroom floor.  I asked her about it and she showed me cut marks on her arms.  I visited with the school counselor and she told me it is the thing to do for young girls to play around with cutting themselves.  My daughter was already in counseling and with the help of the counselor we addressed this.
Now Cody is the one who will one day end up in a mental health hospital. One of the reasons is we have tried to get mental health services for him.  But due to state insurance and the major medical policy I haven't found a doctor who is accepting new patients.
I do have him in counseling but that just isn't enough as he also needs medication.
Bummer knees I am going to send you a pm.

Again, I hope for the best for both you and Jayn's children.

This is an article written by a doctor on his frustrations with lack of access to psych treatment in the US.

https://ww2.kqed.org/stateofhealth/2016/...lthy-rathe
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Jane! Bummer Knees 6 3,769 01-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Manley2