Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have to give two statements to WC insurance?
Is this normal? I gave my initial statement over the phone to a WCI representative.  Got a call a couple days later, they want me to come in to their office and (it sounds like) give another one.  I couldn't really hear too well over the phone, the guy was talking a bit fast and the connection wasn't great.  Just wondering if this is standard though, having to give two statements to the same WCI people.

i really don't know the context.
i assume you had an injury and filed a claim.
are you receiving benefits?
did your employer send their paperwork?
or are they questioning it?
is it a serious injury?
if it involves gray area of comp law or coverage then it's common to get more documentation before providing benefits.
it may be common for your type of injury but not necessarily for any and all injuries.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

My husband had the same situation. He gave his initial statement, and they had around a hundred questions. Quite a few of them were about pre-existing conditions (one). previous WC claims (none), and of course the actual accident. They were not disputing the claim, and he started receiving lost wage checks right away. Then about two weeks later a different person called wanting another statement. We assumed by then that they were trying to gather info about a chronic condition he has, that had absolutely nothing to do with his accident, so they could possibly use that as ammunition in the settlement process.

We retained an attorney that day, and he advised not to give any more statements, and to direct the WC people to him. We never heard back from the WC company about the second statement.
Missouri

I [b][i]have a question I don't know how to make my own post new to this but I was injured at work (United States postal service) I was injured 9/9/2014 tore my right subtalar joint I had two surgery's I was deemed paermanant stationary with 13% impairment to lower extremities and whole body impairment of 5% what I am trying to figure out is how much my award settlement is going to be can someone please help me I live in Los Angeles Ca

the NEW THREAD link is at the bottom right of the forum start page
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4
since you are a federal employee information on workers comp is available from the Office of Workers Compensation Programs from the Department of Labor
http://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/
ratings are a bit complex. the amount is a combination of the weeks of permanent disability payments and the weekly permanent disability payment rate.
the manual used to adjust federal claims including the calculation of permanent disability payments is here
http://www.dol.gov/owcp/dfec/procedure-manual.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-06-2016, 01:18 PM)mwpdx86 Wrote: Is this normal? I gave my initial statement over the phone to a WCI representative.  Got a call a couple days later, they want me to come in to their office and (it sounds like) give another one.  I couldn't really hear too well over the phone, the guy was talking a bit fast and the connection wasn't great.  Just wondering if this is standard though, having to give two statements to the same WCI people.

Don't do it.
They will be watching you when you get out of your car. They will have people out in the parking lot taking pictures of you.
Tell them you will send it in writing once they mail you the correct form.
They are not on your side, and going to the actual WC INSURER building sounds very unethical.
Trust none of them.
Go ask attorneys on avvo about this. Tell them the state you live in. Its free legal advice, from the comfort of your home.
They fall over themselves to answer you in 10 minutes. Then you clink on "most helpful" answer.
I thank each of them for their time. 
You might end up wanting to hire someone, but you really do not have to once you pick up the WC book of laws for your state. That is free also. Its easy reading.
[color=#181818][size=small][font=Merriweather, Georgia, serif]The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively~[/font][/size][/color]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  someone please help me or give me advice newenglandchick 3 5,408 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation Can someone give me advise on what to do? lizdawiz82 3 5,475 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Does your employer need to give you a job back? Dirtydawg69 2 4,105 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
  Insurance company did not give all the info upsetwithrating 9 6,693 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Insurance company did not give all the info upsetwithrating 1 2,908 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Attorney said give up take what they offer Sadiesmom 24 18,773 05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Regrets
  Give it to me like it is. izell 2 2,857 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Can a PA give a deposition? bodybuilder1958 3 5,140 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Question Should AZ Gal Give Up? azmickelson 9 4,961 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jayne
  IME report has incorrect statements nauticalgurl1 10 6,901 08-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt