Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recovering from shoulder surgery
History:
My injury was 2005, left knee injury due to being untreated for years the right knee was added as well as the lumbar spine.  3 years and eight months after the injury the left knee was replaced.  I settled in 2011.

Today:
July of 2015 I had meniscus surgery, lateral and medial of the right knee.  I also had an ACL tear which was not repaired.  Medical was closed on this knee under work comp when I settled and my health insurance and medicare paid for the surgery.

3 weeks after surgery I had a couple of falls.  The shoulder started to hurt, an MRI showed a complete tear of a major muscle of the shoulder.  Surgery was December 17, 2015.  I had torn all three muscles of that shoulder with the middle muscle shredded and torn completely off the bone.  The muscle was reattached with four anchors drilled into the bone.

I saw the surgeon today and as severe as the injury was I am making good progress with the shoulder.

I am following the recovery route laid out by my surgeon and following the exercises shown to me.

Whild the end results may not be perfect I feel blessed to have the range of motion I have.

I hope you have a good recovery from this surgery and also everything else you have been through.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks California.

While the shoulder could be related to the knee injury, a work comp injury due to the falls I am not going to go that direction.

Hope you are doing well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  acdf and shoulder surgery NevadaCervical 4567 9 12,369 01-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Recovering after Radiofrequency Rhizotomy Procedure freebird 1 2,656 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: jayne
Sad Sooo nervous, shoulder surgery Wednesday NVworker 5 3,932 05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Haven't Posted Much Lately......Daughter Recovering From Surgery Bummer Knees 16 6,678 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Last Post: red1030