Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archived Liens
Question 
I have been involved in a workers compensation suit for over 5 years now. We are finally coming to the end and I was told by my attorney that EDD Lien by this time may be archived since there has been very little movement in my case. Can anyone tell me if this is true. Could the Lien the EDD had on me now be archived and not play a part in my settlement? Thank you for any info.

yes, the people at EDD would know the status of their lien.
I don't think "archived" means EDD no longer has or have given up their reimbursement rights.
the court would likely give them time to prove up their claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I believe it means that the EDD has filed their lien with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board until the case is ready to be settled. After both parties agree on a settlement, the defense attorney will have to settle the lien before a judge can approve the settlement.
There's nothing more important than our good [url=http://www.rolandlaw.com]health[/url] - that's our principal capital asset. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settling Attorney liens CA injured worker cainjuredworker15 8 2,646 02-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  CA how to protect third party pain and suffering settlement from carrier liens? EJL 2 1,930 05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: sergios
  Archived Forum 1171 21 9,983 12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Rog47