Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silicone discs
Have any of you heard of these? There is a place in Dallas that does them but they dont accept medicare and if medicare isnt accepted my champus wont pay either. However a friend of my Husbands boss told Bill about his Mother in law getting the surgery in Ft Smith she is on Medicare. She also walked out of the hospital nearly pain free. Now I know not everyone gets the same results and it couldnt be a day surgery for me cuz I would want to be in a hospital setting to detox off the pain meds. Any of you heard of this surgery? Know anyone who had it done. I know there is no guarantee it will work for me but I wanna try so bad I wanna go back to work this staying at home all day is for the birds...Any help guys?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(10-22-2015, 12:34 AM)jayne Wrote: Have any of you heard of these? There is a place in Dallas that does them but they dont accept medicare and if medicare isnt accepted my champus wont pay either. However a friend of my Husbands boss told Bill about his Mother in law getting the surgery in Ft Smith she is on Medicare. She also walked out of the hospital nearly pain free. Now I know not everyone gets the same results and it couldnt be a day surgery for me cuz I would want to be in a hospital setting to detox off the pain meds. Any of you heard of this surgery? Know anyone who had it done. I know there is no guarantee it will work for me but I wanna try so bad I wanna go back to work this staying at home all day is for the birds...Any help guys?

Hi Jayne, I have not heard of this one specifically, but I have read about artificial discs.There are several different types of artificial discs and they are only successful treating certain specific conditions in the spine.If you google artificial disc you can find a lot of info. Do you have a collapsed disc?

I know one person who had an artificial disc in his late 30's and did great with it. He is the only person I know of who had this. It is surgery from abdominal, which is evasive. If you find a specific brand and product name I can help you research it.

I would recommend getting a few different opinions on this by spine surgeons if your spinal condition would be helped by this. I totally understand how you want to feel better and go back to work. I am in the same spot. I do not want you to undergo an evasive surgery if it will not benefit you, and there are some unscrupulous surgeons who do unnecessary surgeries on patients so be careful. There is not a surgery fix for some conditions, which was difficult for me to understand until the last few years. This does not mean you fall into this category.

http://www.spineuniverse.com/treatments/...cial-discs

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks for your help, I have called the surgeon and he want up to date cat scans or MRIs I forget I am bone on bone with 3 discs in my lower bacl the S1 and the 2 above it and 3 in my cervical of which 2 were fused and failed. I am a natural redhead and get massive amounts of scar tissue from any injury.The lady here that had the surgery said that the Dr told her she will be alot better or the same it was up to so many different things. I am dragging my feet on this because if I was told I couldnt have the surgery or it wouldnt work for me then I am out of options for ever having another job or semi pain free day.

(10-31-2015, 08:34 PM)jayne Wrote: Thanks for your help, I have called the surgeon and he want up to date cat scans or MRIs I forget I am bone on bone with 3 discs in my lower bacl the S1 and the 2 above it and 3 in my cervical of which 2 were fused and failed. I am a natural redhead and get massive amounts of scar tissue from any injury.The lady here that had the surgery said that the Dr told her she will be alot better or the same it was up to so many different things. I am dragging my feet on this because if I was told I couldnt have the surgery or it wouldnt work for me then I am out of options for ever having another job or semi pain free day.

Scar tissue has been my problem to and I am not a redhead!

I am one and I do have a lot of scar problems....mmmmm the go thru your belly? I wonder if they could do a tummy tuck and make my boobies perky again? I mean as long as he is in there....