Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UnBiased? EXAM
[Image: wink.gif]Hello all,

I complied.  I went to my FCE Exam.  I did everything asked of me.  The heart monitor went wild into levels considered could cause a heart attack or stroke.

Did they stop the testing?  NO.   Someone explain to me how this is unbiased, impartial when they are on Workman's Comp payroll?

Finally the high school educated person doing the test said, "I am sending you home as your heart will not tolerate the test."

Well duh!?!?!  As long as I was NOT doing anything on my restrictions, lifting no weights, my heart rate went down.  Every time I did something ON my restrictions, pain and the heart monitor went wild.

They decided to ignore it.  Person in charge of this bogus exam with a high school education stated, "We will continue, it is just YOU."

Finally she actually seemed to get scared of my heart monitor.  So I went home in agony, stayed in bed and took pain medication and was sick from the test.

How do these people sleep at night?  Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one, they sleep quite well because they have no conscience at all.

It will be interesting to see if they bothered to record any of this at all as snide comments were made such as, "Is that as fast as you can go?"  Yep, it was and yep, I was trying.

I was under the impression that once the heart monitor went to the dangerous high levels indicating PAIN, they were supposed to stop the test immediately and send you either to a cardiologist or home?

I have an appointment now with my doctor, not workman's comp to see if my heart is alright.  I never had heart disease in my entire life.

I expected as much, after all they ARE on the payroll aren't they?

there are a number of studies that show that anger, frustration, fear, and similar strong emotions increase the risk of heart attacks and/or stroke.
anger management and similar behavioral strategies can help put you back in control of those situations instead of letting them or it provoke you.
depression is also a common problem when dealing with constant pain and severe health issues.
talk to your doctors about a referral for counseling. the emotional toll from dealing with a serious injury can be just as disabling as the physical and if left untreated can become chronic.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(10-01-2015, 10:28 AM)JohnDoe Wrote: [Image: wink.gif]Hello all,

I complied.  I went to my FCE Exam.  I did everything asked of me.  The heart monitor went wild into levels considered could cause a heart attack or stroke.

Did they stop the testing?  NO.   Someone explain to me how this is unbiased, impartial when they are on Workman's Comp payroll?

Finally the high school educated person doing the test said, "I am sending you home as your heart will not tolerate the test."

Well duh!?!?!  As long as I was NOT doing anything on my restrictions, lifting no weights, my heart rate went down.  Every time I did something ON my restrictions, pain and the heart monitor went wild.

They decided to ignore it.  Person in charge of this bogus exam with a high school education stated, "We will continue, it is just YOU."

Finally she actually seemed to get scared of my heart monitor.  So I went home in agony, stayed in bed and took pain medication and was sick from the test.

How do these people sleep at night?  Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one, they sleep quite well because they have no conscience at all.

It will be interesting to see if they bothered to record any of this at all as snide comments were made such as, "Is that as fast as you can go?"  Yep, it was and yep, I was trying.

I was under the impression that once the heart monitor went to the dangerous high levels indicating PAIN, they were supposed to stop the test immediately and send you either to a cardiologist or home?

I have an appointment now with my doctor, not workman's comp to see if my heart is alright.  I never had heart disease in my entire life.

Some believe these FCE's are a bunch of boloney and I agree. These tests were originally done to monitor heart rates in people who had heart problems and NOT to be done to check someone's function in the work place. Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD do it. There is also a difference between doing something once as apposed to all day long. I cannot see these type of tests having any accuracy. In my state a FCE examiner has to have certain qualifications . Have you checked if this is true in your state and if these people were qualified?

If you were having such high heart rate and pain my advice would have been to go directly to the emergency room.

I think the best FCE's are done over a 2 day period, because them the examiner can see what the person feels like the next day.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(10-01-2015, 04:52 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 10:28 AM)JohnDoe Wrote: [Image: wink.gif]Hello all,

Some believe these FCE's are a bunch of boloney and I agree. These tests were originally done to monitor heart rates in people who had heart problems and NOT to be done to check someone's function in the work place. Just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD do it. There is also a difference between doing something once as apposed to all day long. I cannot see these type of tests having any accuracy. In my state a FCE examiner has to have certain qualifications . Have you checked if this is true in your state and if these people were qualified?

If you were having such high heart rate and pain my advice would have been to go directly to the emergency room.

I think the best FCE's are done over a 2 day period, because them the examiner can see what the person feels like the next day.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Good news I have NO heart disease.  The heart rate monitor went high because they were causing me pain by having me do everything on my restrictions.  I told them I was in pain.  They chose not to believe me.  They are on workman's comp payroll.  While resting my heart rate went back to normal.  Duh..............don't need a rocket scientist to figure out it was NOT emotions, not anger, or the heart monitor would never have gone done if caused by emotions.  No, it only went wild when I did everything on my restrictions.  The exam is totally bogus.  Got the results back and sure enough they wrote me up a bad report and mentioned NOTHING about sending me home because my heart would not allow me to do the test.  I repeat, my doctor states I have no heart disease.  Period.  FCE's are not valid.

NOTHING BUT CORRUPTION. Sounds like NY. I wish you had a witness recording all this. The corporate world HATES us. We get hurt working for them and they want us dead...and give us the meds to accomplish it. Well...I'm not going without a fight.

I took my fce last week and the test was fairly simple it only lasted about a hour'the first 30 minutes consisted of doing paper work and the last 30 minutes doing meaningless activities.I only had to do activities relating to my job duties'such as lifting weights to find my limits.The doctor gave me a 10 pound lifting restriction'so i made sure not to surpass that weight limit.I dont know if they will hold that against me or not.The guy administering the test stated that the results of this test was solely up to me'he also asked me are their other jobs out there available to me that didnt require lifting.So i basically took that i wont be going back to my previous job which i been out for nearly 11 months after fracturing my neck'severe spinal stenosis'opll, three herniated dics and lumbar stenosis which the insurance company will not treat.Im still waiting on my fce and ppd rating results.

Do you have an attorney to help guide you through this?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Independent medical exam rating question Schwing 3 1,890 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  occupational permanency exam angel1954 2 2,096 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 2,841 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Functional Capacity Exam marinechamp 13 9,815 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  qme exam billaker 8 6,076 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  SSDI exam coming up ammowoman 11 9,440 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question EDD request for IME exam lizdawiz82 2 4,264 11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 17,328 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
  Independent medical exam Adk98 16 14,541 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
  compell to attend Ame exam notagain 1 4,382 02-22-2011, 11:50 PM