Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occupational permanency exam
I found out in 2012 that I had serve ulnar nerve damage to both arms, rt rotator cluff tear and rt carpal tunnel repair. I don't have a date as to when these injures occurred. I was never paid one dime of workers comp from the state of New Jersey. I have had surgery to repair my rt shoulder rotator cluff, surgery on my rt arm for the nerve and rt carpal tunnel repair. I had to use my on private ins to pay for surgery. my question is what will happen doing the exam and what will happen after the permanency exam? how close am I to a settlement? I also applied for ssdi and was awarded it. will I have to have a msa fund? I was told that I may be looking at a section 20. I am wondering will I get my back pay for all the time that I did not get paid. I do have an attorney but he has not spoke to me about my case at all since I hired him. I only speak to the secretary. I have been so worried about my case as I am feeling that maybe he may sell me out and not has my best interest. I have tired to call him maybe once every 2 to 3 months in the last 3 years be he has never called me back. this is why I am not trusting him. any help you can give me by answering my questions will be greatly appreciated

with your numerous health issues you should have had numerous medical exams.
whichever ones you are referring to should be no different; medical & work history, physical examination, review of tests and medical records, questions about activities and performance, etc.
a permanent impairment examination will also include measurements and testing.
without knowing the issues and the participants there is no way to estimate settlement time. some cases settle, others go to court and numerous appeals.
MSA are used when medical treatment is settled; without a settlement that includes treatment you won't get an MSA..
whether the time you did not get paid was due to your work injury or not is a medical question and can't be answered here. settlements are negotiated and neither party achieves everything it wants.
you can change attys at any time.
if your atty is "selling you out", take your evidence to the state bar and file a complaint.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(09-23-2015, 09:52 AM)angel1954 Wrote: I found out in 2012 that I had serve ulnar nerve damage to both arms, rt rotator cluff tear and rt carpal tunnel repair. I don't have a date as to when these injures occurred. I was never paid one dime of workers comp from the state of New Jersey. I have had surgery to repair my rt shoulder rotator cluff, surgery on my rt arm for the nerve and rt carpal tunnel repair. I had to use my on private ins to pay for surgery. my question is what will happen doing the exam and what will happen after the permanency exam? how close am I to a settlement? I also applied for ssdi and was awarded it. will I have to have a msa fund? I was told that I may be looking at a section 20. I am wondering will I get my back pay for all the time that I did not get paid. I do have an attorney but he has not spoke to me about my case at all since I hired him. I only speak to the secretary. I have been so worried about my case as I am feeling that maybe he may sell me out and not has my best interest. I have tired to call him maybe once every 2 to 3 months in the last 3 years be he has never called me back. this is why I am not trusting him. any help you can give me by answering my questions will be greatly appreciated

I recommend making an appointment to see your attorney in person. It is normal to deal with a secretary, but if you wish to talk directly with the attorney, he is obligated to talk to you.

If he will not meet you I recommend meeting with other attorney's and hire one.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease Mms482 2 633 02-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Independent medical exam rating question Schwing 3 1,879 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  UnBiased? EXAM JohnDoe 6 3,257 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 2,821 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Functional Capacity Exam marinechamp 13 9,764 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Manley2