Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some new hope.
Many of you know I have been fighting for ssdi since mid 2011. Appeal after appeal, denial after denial. Finally get approved from a judge last year than a letter claiming no benefits due to out of insured period.. They had me not working 2007 thru mid 2010  thanks to our tax preparer for putting my ss pay in unders wifes ss.. Bla bla bla, so another appeal ,this is now federal appeals we tried to submit my w2's showing I had worked them years and my case was denied because in federal you cant present new evidence. So, had to start the process all over with a new application, filled out medical release forms and later had phone interview in during this conversation I was informed I qualify but still no bennifits due to out of insured period..  I got them to enter the w2's for the years they showed me not working. Still out of insured period case closed. I don't qualify for ssi because my wc checks exede 800 monthly but I am able to receive bennifits when I reach 62....What a crock.....

So now lawyer says sorry nothing more he can do, seen a different lawyer, same senerio but gave me input on what went wrong. Problems all lay on my ssdi attorney not checking for ss insured if he would have done this from day 1 the mistake of the years could have been corrected ..  From day 1 a lot of yous here said to apply for ss right away. I trusted my lawyer with him telling me to wait until wc settled.  Well isn't that grand..  I have contacted our state senator, Tammy Baldwin and briefly explained my situation and refered me to a man from her office. They have sent me a packet full of release information to fill out and they said they will look into it.... I had to collect my w2's from my old attorney and he was grumpy about it saying that they were going to contact her next week ...  Well a bit to late......

There might be hope after all, so we will see........

(08-07-2015, 10:42 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Many of you know I have been fighting for ssdi since mid 2011. Appeal after appeal, denial after denial. Finally get approved from a judge last year than a letter claiming no benefits due to out of insured period.. They had me not working 2007 thru mid 2010  thanks to our tax preparer for putting my ss pay in unders wifes ss.. Bla bla bla, so another appeal ,this is now federal appeals we tried to submit my w2's showing I had worked them years and my case was denied because in federal you cant present new evidence. So, had to start the process all over with a new application, filled out medical release forms and later had phone interview in during this conversation I was informed I qualify but still no bennifits due to out of insured period..  I got them to enter the w2's for the years they showed me not working. Still out of insured period case closed. I don't qualify for ssi because my wc checks exede 800 monthly but I am able to receive bennifits when I reach 62....What a crock.....

So now lawyer says sorry nothing more he can do, seen a different lawyer, same senerio but gave me input on what went wrong. Problems all lay on my ssdi attorney not checking for ss insured if he would have done this from day 1 the mistake of the years could have been corrected ..  From day 1 a lot of yous here said to apply for ss right away. I trusted my lawyer with him telling me to wait until wc settled.  Well isn't that grand..  I have contacted our state senator, Tammy Baldwin and briefly explained my situation and refered me to a man from her office. They have sent me a packet full of release information to fill out and they said they will look into it.... I had to collect my w2's from my old attorney and he was grumpy about it saying that they were going to contact her next week ...  Well a bit to late......

There might be hope after all, so we will see........

If it works out for you, then I hope it is the hope you are looking for. Bronco I first got SSDI, workmans comp has not settled with me, we went to court and workmans comp agreed to give me permenant total disability, so they are paying me bi weekly for the rest of my life. So now i get both SSDI payments and comp payments, comp agreed to give me 4 years back pay, I wish they had not done that because it has created more problems than it has been worth to me. my attorney got 33 percent of the backpay plus 10 thousand dollars on any future monies i may get from comp. so that left a little of the back pay for me. Well social security does not like me getting comp checks so they took around 1100.00 of my monthly ssdi check away and I will get that back when I turn 66 retirement age, now it gets even better with ssdi. well they did not like me getting 4 years of comp back pay, so they want me to give them over 16000.00 of the back pay, so i told them no to writing them a check for that amount, so they are now taking about 450.00 a month out of what little ssdi i have left to pay it back, went to my ssdi attorney for help with it all, now he charged me 600.00 since he was not my workmans comp attorney, and my workmans comp attorney had nothing to do with ss so he was no help, well the ss attorney let the over payment go before a judge and it looked liked the judge was going to help me with it all, i had to fill out papers for that judge to show that i could not pay it back, that freaking attorney did not help me fill out the papers so they well all wrong, so it came down to i have to pay it back, that attorney did nothing to help me and he sends me a bill for 600.00 which i have not paid and i probably want pay him if i can get away it. hell everybody got money off my claims, i got very little of back pay. so guess i am like you to a certain point, i get workmans comp checks, a little social security check.  in 3 years or so I will get additional ss money once the over payment is paid back, and when I turn 66 i will get that 1100.00 back that ss has taken away. It is all one hell of a mess..
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Darn it you two got screwed. Everytime I hear one of these stories I am thankful I took the advice from others on here and filed for SSDI when we knew I wouldn't be able to go back to work.Bill turned 66 last Apr we had been told that his SSDI amount and his retirement would be the same we went to the SS office and checked it all out before we bought the truck a couple of years ago. What they didn't tell us was the kids checks go up we didn't find that out till it showed up in our bank.But the first call was to SS to find out what was up.Thank you Heavenly Father for this blessing.
With Carrie a senior this year and Daniel next the extra funds help a lot.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks for the replies Jayne and c_f, We did get screwed. I could say a learned a lesson from this but it wont help me much other than lawyers and gov suck..  It's not that we wont survive but its the point of being screwed over that burns my butt....  What if a person was in a coma for 5 years and came to and couldn't work...?  He is past the insured period so the big old REJECTION rubber stamp ruins there life....Unjust..

Anyways, How you;s been doing...? My health hasn't been very good lately, lacking energy and stressed out hasn't helped.  I was in the hospital for a week with respitory infection and went septic through my blood stream.. I was released last wed morning sent home on levoquin but was back in the er wed evening til 2 am.  I now have a skin infection from my ankle to my knee on bad leg,,.. Im now on 2 stomach killer antibiotics for another 10 days and it is hell on the stomach..  Dr says lots of yogart..  They think I caught all this crap from swimming in lake superior in the UP of Michigan.. I guess its caused from contaminated run off water, . The wife has a strong immune system and Dom is young I guess is why they didn't catch it

(08-09-2015, 02:25 AM)My friend, the injured nurse filed for SSDI when she was first injured.  Her injury should have been approved as it is in the blue book.  She spent 4 years in court denied at various levels of the system.  Her attorney said lets refile and started from scratch.  This time she won, the judge looked at her case and said she should never have been denied.  She won back pay from her original filing date.I had knee surgery July 9th.  Prior to surgery Dennis, I and Cody were in Nebraska visiting the daughter and our new Grand Angel.  There was a haze in Nebraska caused by the fires in Canada.  Guess who is allergic to Smoke?   I was congested and coughing the day of surgery but passed the exam the day of surgery and cleared for surgery.  The day after surgery my throat felt tight, the next day I started running a fever and continued running a fever.  My primary saw me five days after surgery and diagnosed me with severe bronchitis.  I was given meds and told to rest.  It took a week but I started feeling better.Tuesday I see the surgeon for the first time since the surgery.  I have made fast and excellent progress with this knee according to the physical therapist.  But I made good progress with the other knee also right after surgery.  Then three months after surgery the remainder of the meniscus started to  fail and I needed a knee replacement.  I pray for a better outcome with this knee.bronco54501 Wrote: Thanks for the replies Jayne and c_f, We did get screwed. I could say a learned a lesson from this but it wont help me much other than lawyers and gov suck..  It's not that we wont survive but its the point of being screwed over that burns my butt....  What if a person was in a coma for 5 years and came to and couldn't work...?  He is past the insured period so the big old REJECTION rubber stamp ruins there life....Unjust..

Anyways, How you;s been doing...? My health hasn't been very good lately, lacking energy and stressed out hasn't helped.  I was in the hospital for a week with respitory infection and went septic through my blood stream.. I was released last wed morning sent home on levoquin but was back in the er wed evening til 2 am.  I now have a skin infection from my ankle to my knee on bad leg,,.. Im now on 2 stomach killer antibiotics for another 10 days and it is hell on the stomach..  Dr says lots of yogart..  They think I caught all this crap from swimming in lake superior in the UP of Michigan.. I guess its caused from contaminated run off water, . The wife has a strong immune system and Dom is young I guess is why they didn't catch it

Bronco I stay depressed in one form or another, I cant work, I am unable to even stand long enough to cook supper much less clean the house. I have a problem saying no so I have a teenage grandson living here who wants to be a teenage girl his Daddy or his Momma couldn't handle it so Nana has him. I still have 3 teens of my own at home all I do is count days so x amount of summer before they go back to school. X amount of days till the 2 oldest grad from hi school and move to collage or where ever they need to be X amount of days till the next one grads ect. And try so very hard to put enough money aside to take a short vacay each year. I love these kids to death but I wonder if I knew that I was gonna get hurt would I have still took them. I just wish the comp system would have listened to the Drs and fixed me so I could have gone back to work. So many people see me and remark on living the "life" getting a check each month for doing nothing. I would take their place any day they can have my back and my check, I will take their strong back and their job.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(08-09-2015, 04:43 PM)jayne Wrote: Jayne I understand the thoughts on the kids and counting the days.  Cody is now 16, he will be a junior this year.  But with his disability he will likely live at home for years after he turns 18 and graduates as in Kansas there is a long waiting list for adult services.

He will likely move to a group home and live with boys his age some day.

I have another surgery ahead of me, joint replacement of the dominant hand as I am loosing use of that hand.  I can type with the non dominant hand but to hold a pen or pencil in the dominant hand is difficult and painful.
I have put off this surgery, now the surgeon says I am running out of time and need the surgery soon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bronco I stay depressed in one form or another, I cant work, I am unable to even stand long enough to cook supper much less clean the house. I have a problem saying no so I have a teenage grandson living here who wants to be a teenage girl his Daddy or his Momma couldn't handle it so Nana has him. I still have 3 teens of my own at home all I do is count days so  x amount of summer before they go back to school. X amount of days till the 2 oldest grad from hi school and move to collage or where ever they need to be X amount of days till the next one grads ect. And try so very hard to put enough money aside to take a short vacay each year. I love these kids to death but I wonder if I knew  that I was gonna get hurt would I have still took them. I just wish the comp system would have listened to the Drs and fixed me so I could have gone back to work. So many people see me and remark on living the "life" getting a check each month for doing nothing. I would take their place any day they can have my back and my check, I will take their strong back and their job.

I would love to be back to work, there is not a day that goes bye I don't think   What If. There are many people in this town that have made remarks like, the easy life, he don't look disabled, free loader, blah blah..  The thing is, looking at me I look normal to some but the ones that don't know me don't know the pain and struggles I go through day after day.. I cant stand, sit for 10 min and the pain attacks me like bees . Imagine a job interview explaining you need to sit down or move around and let alone the narcotics, then try to tell them you may have to lay down from time to time.. Its not going to happen....

The reason I say this is, the lady at our local ssa said if I could find something that I could do within my restrictions I could get back in the insured period after 2 years being employed again..  Now I was mad and confused that why she said this. But after thinking about it it made sence as she was showing me how to cheat the system. But on the other hand I wouldn't be fighting this if I could.. I have my fingers crossed our senator will be able to do something even if it meant no back pay.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hope everyone had a t-day bronco54501 4 2,969 11-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo