Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornados all around us
And my 30 year old daughter told me there is no such thing as the Lollypop guild or flying monkeys and to not stay at the house but go to a shelter.My questions is how many meds will it take to be able to see the flying monkeys and the lollypop guild I am stocked up. All kidding aside there are tornados all over but as long as my animals don't go crazy I just ride it out. More worried about the flooding than anything else
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(05-25-2015, 07:23 PM)jayne Wrote: And my 30 year old daughter told me there is no such thing as the Lollypop guild or flying monkeys and to not stay at the house but go to a shelter.My questions is how many meds will it take to be able to see the flying monkeys and the lollypop guild I am stocked up. All kidding aside there are tornados all over but as long as my animals don't go crazy I just ride it out. More worried about the flooding than anything else

they came from Liberal Kansas and are looking for you......

........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

LOL believe it or not I have been to Liberal Kansas and went thru the set up there. Wizard of Oz was always a favorite of mine.However we went there for my 2 youngest adopted children to meet a blood brother,while he had invited us up he wasn't real interested in having a brother and sister 10 years younger than him or a half black sister either. Ah well such is life we did have fun there tho. just not with him.

(05-25-2015, 11:30 PM)jayne Wrote: LOL believe it or not I have been to Liberal Kansas and went thru the set up there. Wizard of Oz was always a favorite of mine.However we went there for my 2 youngest adopted children to meet a blood brother,while he had invited us up he wasn't real interested in having a brother and sister 10 years younger than him or a half black sister either. Ah well such is life we did have fun there tho. just not with him.

sometimes family can be worse then strangers-hard to figure.
it's their loss.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Jayne I hope you are ok there, stay safe girl friend. My wife and I went through Kansas last summer on our way back home from New Mexico, we stopped at the Wizard of Oz museum, The wife totally loved it, I stayed out in the gist shop while she was in the museum I am one of those people will go but allow my wife to have more fun than myself. My fun is seeing that she is happy and enjoying things in life. Damn I need to start making myself happy. But she did love the museum.

Jayne stay safe and don't fly away and watch that water.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I live in the Wichita, Kansas area. Our part of the state is very different from Liberal, we have trees and hills in this part of the state.

Most Kansans are tired of the Oz theme, when people think of Kansas they think of the wizard of Oz, not what our state is really about.

But the state tourism sees Oz as a big money maker.

follow the yellow brick rd...lol.

Tourism keeps the money flowing. Here we are seasonal, winter/summer sure are happy to see them come but just as equal to see them leave.

when I think of Kansas Kathy you come to mind and candy coated sunflower seeds....both are good That storm here was awesome no other way to say it my 3 kids like me were in the front yard watching the show Mother nature was giving it was during the day so here we were just feeling the power of he wind and rain and watching the patterns of the clouds. When the clouds turned green we really got a show! All of my kids and Husband have been thru a course at the local collage to be able to be tornado spotters. Here in the country when weather gets bad spotters are the protection for those who live out here.If a wall cloud is spotted its called in to the local police and radio station. If you live in the middle of nowhere it can be a life saver. After the storm went thru I felt better than I have for a long time,I get stoked on storms.

Jayne I would love to take that course. As you know I also live in the county and there is no system to warn rural residents of storms other that watching tv, listening to the radio and looking at the sky.

Living in the country we frequently loose power in a storm so no tv or radio unless you have batteries for the radio.

Since I am hearing impaired I do not watch tv or listen to the radio much. This causes a problem in severe weather and not being prepared.

get ahold of your local collage it was a free class.If they don't do them call your local TV station and see if they do. I thought this was something that was done all over.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornados are at it again in Oklahoma this evening Bummer Knees 5 1,782 06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  uh ohhh tornados are coming inpainokla 8 3,781 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Tornados on the ground Bummer Knees 2 1,762 06-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Kansas Tornados Bummer Knees 12 3,718 05-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Lilly