Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all egg heads
I need some egg recipes! My hens are laying between 9 to 15 a day and they arent all laying yet! I love cinn queen hens. anyhow I need a way to use them my neighbors are starting to look at me the way they do in the summer when I have bushel baskets of squash....I have a sign out and sell them for 2 dollars a dozen but if Bill or they kids arent home I wont answer the door to someone I dont know.Sooooo ask your Grannys about using lots of eggs I have heard you can pickle them but they give you nasty smelling gas and Bill doesnt need any help with that at all. anyhow any of you got a favorite....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

http://thesurvivalmom.com/3-ways-preserv...m-storage/
http://www.preparednesspro.com/safely-preserving-eggs
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

tks 1171 want some eggs? these hens I have lay huge eggs.

thankx. our neighbors have chickens and we always have more then we can use.
one way to keep eggs is to make some Quiche and freeze them.
a rich quiche can use 6-10 eggs; mixed with some nice veggies.
gives you a quick tasty meal with just a toaster oven.

Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Here I thought this was going to be about OBAMA, made some fresh popcorn and everything...lol. The only way I like egss are pickled or fried/scrambled... Before we moved our neighbor was moving south and they had around 20 chickens that they wanted us to take. We would have but they said all or none.too many.

you could have taken them all and sold or stewed some.We are just starting the spring season here. I tried to count the hens but they are all over they are free range and roost in the trees when the weather is nice. I believe I have around 30 hens and 5 or 6 roosters according to one of your websites I can keep eggs up to 8 months? Wow I am gonna have to read that one cuz in hot hot weather they lay off and in cold cold weather they lay off.Quiche mmmmm I dont believe I have ever ate one do you have a favorite? Bronco believe it or not 1171 and I have had one or two convos without screaming at each other. I have got to find a milk goat milk here is nearly 5 dollars a gallon and this baby drinks alot of milk and I cant milk a cow anymore. I dont think I am even gonna put in a garden this year.Hoping for neighbors with excess squash.

Bronco how do you pickle eggs? and I heard they make you have alot of gas and believe me Bill doesnt need any help there

I like my quiche with greens: lots of spinach or broccoli and bacon, ham or chicken. tomatoes are good in quiche as well.
Signature/Reminder :

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red-Heads bronco54501 6 3,032 03-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
Cool Legislation Calling for National Work Comp Commission Bad Boy Bad Boy 1 2,807 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Last Post: red1030
  calling WINK,bX4,AQA, RED and others jayne 37 8,260 04-13-2008, 03:05 AM
Last Post: monster