Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats going on in my life.
April-July are very busy months for me.

Since I am not able to work due to doctors orders I volunteer. Volunteering helps feel the void and helps me feel good about myself.

I volunteer on my good days and some days I am unable to volunteer but an hour or two, others days I just can't do much at all but that is okay.

I Admin a summer program for children with disabilities. Children receive group tutoring, or individual tutoring depending on the child's needs. Academics, social skills and behaviors are worked on. Speech therapy services are also provided for children with speech IEPS.

Last year the program had 4 teachers and one speech therapist. This summer we will have 5 teachers working with the children. The program expects to serve 100 children in two locations 4 afternoons a week.

Two lead teachers work with me and locate summer staff along with work on sitting up the program. There also are about 15 volunteers that work with the program.

This is something I work on starting in the fall.

This year I am working around the challenge of needing knee surgery, surgery on the shoulder, joint replacement on the right hand, and carpal tunnel of the left hand.

I've been busy with MRIs, X-rays, and doctor appointments. I expect July will be the date for the first surgery.

My gosh, you will have a full plate for a while.. Hopefully after the surgeries you will have quick healing...

I myself have not had much time for anything this year.. My body has been unforgiving as far as pain goes trying to get settled in to our new home. I seen a new pain dr for a while and went through a series of injections, same results as the many I have had before. A few weeks ago I was denied my appeal for fedral court for my ssdi. When going through the reasons I found that the last judge found me disabled and approved it but I was rejected because of a technicality that our tax preparer put my earnings under my wife so it showed I didn't pay in to ss for 2009/10. We tried the appeal but I guess common sense is not a law and they wouldn't let us waive in new evidence.. So now I have to start all over through the process for re--applying. My attorney teamed up with a firm out of Chicago that has found a loop hole that will get me some of my backpay back.. Our tax preparer screwed up whiched caused me to loose just short of 60,000 in back pay. My life has been full of changes, some hard to accept but I know it will get better.

Bronco my friend filed for Sadi and was denied at the local level, appealed and went to the federal level and again denied.

Her attorney had her reapply which restarted the clock. This time when she applied she was approved. Her disability is one of the preapproved conditions listed on the Ssa blue book. Since a mistake was made by Ssa she received her entire back pay.

I realize the facts are different but just to show you can be awarded back pay.

Bummer Knees, Good for you doing volunteer work! One of the best things a person can offer in life is to help others.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks CA, it really helps my self esteem.

I did run by my attorney the volunteering and he said no problem long as I stay within my restrictions.

Course my case settled in 2011.

(04-20-2015, 02:20 PM)California_Help Wrote: Bummer Knees, Good for you doing volunteer work! One of the best things a person can offer in life is to help others.

Bronco,can you not file a lawsuit agaisnt the tax preparer to recover what you would have gotten,cuz man that just aint right
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(04-23-2015, 12:32 AM)jayne Wrote: Bronco,can you not file a lawsuit agaisnt the tax preparer to recover what you would have gotten,cuz man that just aint right

I honestly don't know, the problem was in 2009 they put my ss earnings under my wife then in 2010 they put my income with my wifes ss number. It does show my earnings but the problem is nothing was paid into ss under my ss number.. My attorney's aid suggested to get the taxes amended correctly first before we talk about a lawsuit..

I hate dealing with the IRS it just seems you cant even start on a even playing field you have to have a lawyer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats your local weather? Bummer Knees 12 4,062 02-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post: jayne
  whats your favorite carnival treat? jayne 3 5,127 06-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Last Post: chrischris
Toungue hi monster whats up? hurt at work 1 1,371 09-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Last Post: monster
  Whats New imsckofit 5 1,969 09-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Lilly