Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Insomnia and Next Day alertness issues...
I've noticed that many past posters have remarked about their inability to sleep well. Sleep as a critical factor in our's body's ability to recover in maintaining good health is already well documented.
http://www.frontlinedesk.com/2015034984-...od-health/

while there are many other factors contributing to such sleep disorder symptoms in those with serious injuries and under continuous treatment there is likely an often overlooked cause:
the use of light emitting devices immedicately prior to the sleep period.

here is an interesting article on recent research showing a link between the use of light emitting electronic devices and sleep disruption:
http://www.pnas.org/content/112/4/1232.full.pdf

[i]This study demonstrates that use of a light-emitting electronic
device in the hours before bedtime can have significant impact
on sleep, alertness, and the circadian clock......
Our findings provide evidence that the
electric light to which we are exposed between dusk and bedtime
has profound biological effects.[i/]

while it highlights the use of eReaders before bedtime, it also references general computer and device use immediately prior to our usual sleep cycle.

just thought I'd share. I know it is something I'm prone to do and I'll try to alter my night time behavior in the future.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you 1171. Great information!
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I am one that cannot go very long without sleep as it greatly impacts my health.

For 11 years I parented my medically fragile daughter until she died. Most night I had little sleep with the breathing treatments, percussion therapy, suctioning, sometimes oxygen, meds, and IV's along with keeping the machines running. I knew the name of every hourly show on the 3 local TV channels. There was no time for sleep in the daytime with doctor appointments, physical therapy, and me working 2 part time jobs.

I realize that was several years ago but I simply cannot function without sleep or little sleep.

I could nap about anytime I slow down. When the weather is nice what I really like to do is once I watch the first part of the news I go sit outside on the porch and just relax before I head to bed. Now the trouble in the bedroom is my wife has to have the TV on and it cause me to not sleep very well at all. And you can't get her to understand that. Going to try hard to not put a TV in the bedroom once we move. Not sure if this will help me because I wake up from pain about as much as from my alarm

My honey if he sits down within seconds he is asleep I am constantly elbowing him in church he says he isnt asleep but he is....I read this also and I dont know about it yes if I am up I do check the tv to see whats on but I guess I am hard to please,next I move to the computer and check out whats on here. I dont normally have a problem falling asleep its staying asleep. Pain interupts my sleep and since I am such a control freak I refuse to take my pain meds early I not only have to wait till time and then for it to take effect. One good thing about the patch I didnt have these problems but I still have hope I will wake up some day and the pain will be gone or a different treatment other than heavy duty meds. I dont want to die young I still have a 13 year old at home and would love to have a few years of just me and him.....Oh and the U.S. to have a balanced budget, a morality clause in goverment and our disabled vets treated with respect. A tall list but hell I can dream.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prilosec issues Manley2 11 3,909 09-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Tornado issues fatboy 4 3,910 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Medical Issues and Christmas Presents. UndercovrAngel 8 4,118 01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Gathering WC Issues.... red1030 104 26,998 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Insomnia halftrak 7 3,352 07-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Last Post: monster
  Health issues-don't use glasses at hotels CRABBY 2 1,795 12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Last Post: MJC