Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A busy April and an update
March has been a good month, my third granddaughter was born March 6th, Abigail Amberlynn. At 2 weeks of age she is totally spoiled!

April will be a busy month for me, lots of medical appointments and some fun stuff.

The first week of April my husband has his one year appointment with the cardiologist. He had the aorta valve replaced and the aneurysm of the aorta repaired last year. Please say a special prayer for Dennis. I see the dermatologist for a yearly check up on the skin cancer that same day.

Later April I see the surgeon on the shoulders and right hand. It looks like I will need joint replacement of the shoulders and a prominent bone spur removed under the shoulder bone. I return to the knee surgeon on the left knee for a check up and see the doctor on the asthma.

But along with all of that I am going to a conference at the state capital mid month. The conference is presented by the Kansas Parent Information and Training Center and is for parents of children with disabilities. Going to meet with some long time friends and have a girls night out Friday night. Excited for the trip as I have not done this for a long time.

Will keep you in our prayers. Thinking I'm going to have to get a bone spur removed on my shoulder too. They tell me I don't want to have it but they never really say why not. Thought it was doing okay but when they were screwing around with my meds I figured out it hurts more then I know

Manley the surgeon told me it will be a week recovery on that type of surgery. I will wear a sling during that time. I've got the cervical spine issues so do not know how a sling will work but the bone spur is to the point of cutting into muscle.

The surgeon I see in April is for a second opinion.

Baby girls are the best. Congratulations on the new member in your family!

I wish you the best with your medical issues.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(03-24-2015, 04:58 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Manley the surgeon told me it will be a week recovery on that type of surgery. I will wear a sling during that time. I've got the cervical spine issues so do not know how a sling will work but the bone spur is to the point of cutting into muscle.

The surgeon I see in April is for a second opinion.

Bummer, when they did my wife's, she had a pad that the sling strapped onto that was hooked around her middle, to keep some of the weight off her neck. maybe they can give you something like that if you ask ahead of surgery.

My doctor and 2 PT people told me I didn't want to have the surgery. They acted like it was a bad thing to go thru so I'm not sure what to think. I don't see why they can't just trim the bone and not really bug anything esle but I don't know shoulders

Manley you may have more going on with your shoulder than I do with mine.

They have said its just a bone spur and have never said anything more. Now I do think the doctor is on the side of WC here and wants to help save them money

Got the results of the MRI on the "good knee"

It reads, I have a tear of the ACL. a tear of the lateral meniscus, and a tear of the medial meniscus

I am waiting to hear from the doctor to see where we go from here.

Will pray for you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A busy June and Preparing for surgery in July Bummer Knees 2 2,601 06-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  How do you say - BUSY TIMES Bummer Knees 11 4,058 05-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  painfull and a busy week bronco54501 14 7,899 04-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Confirmed, April eye surgery has failed bodybuilder1958 1 2,015 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Last Post: monster1963
  This is how I keep busy..... Bummer Knees 10 7,134 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: kate
Wink Ever Feel Like You're So Busy You Can't Get Anything Done? chrischris 5 6,376 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wink
  TV Comedy "Workers' Comp" Starts Filming in April admin 5 8,652 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
  Daughter having surgery & a busy week Bummer Knees 2 2,941 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Wink
  A busy day! Bummer Knees 7 5,729 04-22-2010, 08:56 AM
  Too Busy.......AWESOME! Bummer Knees 3 2,852 03-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bronco54501