Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress and Anxiety
When we do have sun, since its so darn cold out we usually go for a ride. But this like many of us is painfull to do for very long other wise I sit in my chair by the window.. The down fall of our house we will be moving to is the positioning, lack of sunshine. But does come through our bedroom from 10am to about 3 pm after that trees are to tall and skips the rest of the house .. But should stay cooler in the summers..

I am new to this site and it won't let me post a new thread....I'm in NC and have a lot of job related/job induced stress and anxiety that is affecting my heart and health.....a friend said she had read that work related/work induced stress is now covered under workers comp. Is this true? I've recently been taken to hospital by ambulance from work, due to an extremely stressful day and would like some answers please. I have both short term/long term disability through work and have also been encouraged to file for SS disability due to my health, anxiety and stress.....I need some answers please, especially since I'm in NC and can't afford a lawyer. Any help greatly appreciated.

(06-08-2017, 09:05 AM)heartworkerNC Wrote: I am new to this site and it won't let me post a new thread....I'm in NC and have a lot of job related/job induced stress and anxiety that is affecting my heart and health.....a friend said she had read that work related/work induced stress is now covered under workers comp.  Is this true?  I've recently been taken to hospital by ambulance from work, due to an extremely stressful day and would like some answers please.  I have both short term/long term disability through work and have also been encouraged to file for SS disability due to my health, anxiety and stress.....I need some answers please, especially since I'm in NC and can't afford a lawyer.  Any help greatly appreciated.

They were having some problems with this site. I think you can post now.

Please review your STD and LTD policy as some do not cover work related injuries and some have limits on stress claims.For example I read one where they covered it only if the patient was in a psych facility/ward. I am not familiar with your states laws with workers' compensation. Try posting this and hopefully another poster, like 1171 can answer your questions. In my state a doctor has to take you off of work. There are limits to apply for SSDI. Try consulting with a work comp attorney and read your STD/LTD policy.

Have you been using your private insurance to get treatment for this and has the doctor stated it is work related? Most private insurance covers counseling if you are in limbo and do not know for sure what is causing it (although it sounds like it is work related). Take advantage and get help. You can make a work comp claim with your employer, but I recommend talking to your doctor first. Again, I am not familiar with your states laws or the steps needed to take.

You should be able to consult with a work comp lawyer for free. They usually do not charge anything and they are [paid a % of your PD award, if there is one. I recommend googling workers compensation attorney and talk to a few. Consults are usually free.

I know it is cold there in NC but I hope when the sun comes out you get some. I also recommend exercise if your doctor feels you are able. It can help with anxiety and depression. Do not isolate yourself from friends and family. Seek counseling through your private insurance or work comp. Know that what you are feeling now is not permanent. I wish you well.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Doing as little as 10-15 minutes a day of yoga can reduce your feeling of stress.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I agree with bronco, We havn't had much for sunshine at all this winter.

I hope you get well soon
---
We help you save on almost everything! Best Coupons, Deals and Discount Codes
www.offateverything.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,012 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,679 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Anxiety fatboy 9 3,405 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: fatboy
  Dependency causes anxiety lucky 4 2,302 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  De-Stress bodybuilder1958 2 2,454 09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: red1030
  stress brcfix1 3 2,293 11-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Email Stress chrischris 3 2,158 08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Please read this analogy about stress monster 15 11,806 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM