Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress and Anxiety
It never fails in the winter months I fall into this Anxiety stressful mode. I have panic attacks etc.

Let me say I have no issues with family,finances etc. ITS ME AND BEING STUCK inside the house because of the cold, rain; Little sunshine the last 3 weeks.

Today it is cloudy and 29 degrees. Yesterday it was a high of 31 and a low of 13 in North Louisiana. Its suppose to rain all weekend and not get out of the mid 40's.

I am home by myself from 7 AM TO 6 PM M-F. Its got to get better.

Looking forward to "sunnier" days........ I despise the cold and winter.

Just needed to vent a little.
Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

(01-09-2015, 01:10 PM)fatboy Wrote: It never fails in the winter months I fall into this Anxiety stressful mode. I have panic attacks etc.

Let me say I have no issues with family,finances etc. ITS ME AND BEING STUCK inside the house because of the cold, rain; Little sunshine the last 3 weeks.

Today it is cloudy and 29 degrees. Yesterday it was a high of 31 and a low of 13 in North Louisiana. Its suppose to rain all weekend and not get out of the mid 40's.

I am home by myself from 7 AM TO 6 PM M-F. Its got to get better.

Looking forward to "sunnier" days........ I despise the cold and winter.

Just needed to vent a little.

Oh I can so relate to this, Only difference is much colder here . If it wasn't for Dominick I would go completely bonkers. There are days when it seems like Im going to loose it and I admit I have been a bit hot headed and snap to easy.. It's like having multi personalities when winter comes trying to just cope and get through it,. With this new pain dr I have been so stressed, just knowing I know whats to come is a bad dream like ground hogs day, Repeat repeat. Its not healthy to have to live this way, My bp was at its highest yesterday with it being 198 over 120 , no wonder I have been hot headed.. Think spring is all I can say and look forward too..

I'm with you. Even if we were't hurt, we would be depressed about the winter weather.
Being in our predicament only amplifies everything. Hang in there, spring is on the way!

Highest temp here in the last week I think was 20 and right now it is 12. Going to warm up this next week but still looking at freezing rain or snow Sunday night/Monday moring. Can understand being stuck in. When the weather gets cold not only does it cause more pain when I stay inside I just sit and this makes me hurteven more. Best thing I can do is get some water PT and get back to being able to move

Dennis and I picked up the daughter in North Kansas yesterday and took her to her OB appointment in Nebraska.

It was cold with the temp being 2 and a wind chill of -12.

Now Dennis can run around without putting his coat on but not me.
Cold weather equals increased pain for me.

The OB appointment went well, daughter is in her last trimester with the pregnancy going well. She is due early March.

Many suffer from SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder. Sometimes doing things like visiting a tanning booth or light therapy can alleviate this.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_rele...depression
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Here in Kansas we get plenty of sunshine. But with a bad winter and little sunshine the depression sets in.

My niece lives in Alaska, now way I could live there. I live the sun to much! She has vitamin D deficiency due to lack of son.

We havn't had much for sunshine at all this winter. Ours started early mid nov and any chance the sun comes out I try to soak it up...lol. Winters have been my biggest depressor since my injury, keeping me trapped in doors..

In December I remember by the 17th we had only had sun on 2 days for the month, I don't remember how many we had by the end but it was not many. When I do get out I hurt after a short time so I sit more when I get home. Hard not to feel down

We have had very little sunshine in the last month. This coming weekend is suppose to warm up to mid 50"s with some SUNSHINE! This will help. Vitamin D comes from sunshine and lack of Vitamin D will make one more tense and stress.

Looking forward to sunnier days.
Had a car wreck in 2003 while on the job. Settled in Jan. 2012 with Indemnity pay and a MSA. Approved for SSDI in March 2006. Was declared PTD at IME in 2009. Took approx 3 years to finalize the WC settlement. ALWAYS use spread language when settling Indemnity or SSA will nail your fanny.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,831 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 1,536 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Anxiety fatboy 9 2,925 03-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: fatboy
  Dependency causes anxiety lucky 4 2,041 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  De-Stress bodybuilder1958 2 2,231 09-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: red1030
  stress brcfix1 3 2,102 11-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Email Stress chrischris 3 1,961 08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Please read this analogy about stress monster 15 11,121 07-11-2007, 05:18 PM