Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New dr, New injections
After my primary left I have a new primary in which he seems to not want to deal with my injuries/ but says I need fresh eyes.. ( if that makes any sense ). Well he refered me to our local pain clinic because I don't want to travel.. This dr at the pain clinic says he don't script narcotics so I was in his office wondering to my self why am I here... But I figured lets continue and see what he had to say.. He did his little exam and said You have a lot going on down there but feels mainly my si joint. So I agreed to start again with injections so with the esi at l5-s1 and steroid to the si-joint this now makes #20. I almost forgot on how painfull it was to have done it has been a few years..

I noticed when we left the drs office getting in to our van felt a bit less pain full, getting back out was even a bit better.. He went in on a angle I have never had done before, it was more pain full but he wanted to travel along the si joint fusion screw where he figured the majority is coming from.. Maybee he was right, time will see. But I do know one thing the top of my thigh on injured leg feels tight and is burning, not an effect I have never had before with injections..

Has anybody felt this after getting injections....?

I did. some relief was felt, but sadly only temporary.
I guess you're getting what I did when I changed pain mgmt last time, he started over too.
I think it's a good thing, they want to look at it with a fresh start. Who knows, the others may have missed something, and the new Doc might find a way to give you some relief.
Best of luck with your new program!

I've had nine injections in the spine. I had an ESI after the cervical spine injury, at the time of the ESI I'd had a migraine for 35 day with BP thru the roof. The ESI was for the T-12 area (another injury) but it helped with the cervical pain and migraines.

Although for some people it work and for others not.

I have a friend who has arachnoditis as a result of a ESI. I am the one who took her to the hospital after the failed ESI. Life is very different for her now after the ESI.

Well I had my last injection about a week ago, this time he only did the l5-s1 esi. He didn't do the si joint this time to figure which one works the best.. I had little to no relief this time as he thought this was going to happen.. We did how ever go over the new mri results, and I was amazed the disc at l4-l5 has gained space and don't look so severely buldged. But no change in the facet areas. I don't know as of yet if I like these drs at our local pain clinic but will keep open minded for now. He is however looking real hard where hardware in hip socket and pelvis area where the nerve runs through. The next injection will be in there to see if I get more relief than the si joint...

bronco I've lost count of how many injection I've had in my back and they have gone in at differant angles. Never had it burn in my thigh. I get so worked up even right after the appt where he tells me he wants to do an injection. Last injection I had he doesn't even know what it did because they would normally do a follow up to those appts and when the nurse said she would setup a follow up for a month he said no I don't want to see him for 6 months. I think they were getting tired of WC not paying the bills. I get RF now and it helps the best for me but we have to repeat it around every 9 months to a year. The other thing that helps me is aqua PT. With the winter and not getting out it cause more problems since I don't move around as much. Now that we are going to settle I'm not sure how PT will work. I know when they bill WC for aqua PT it's $500 a visit so even 3 times a week for a month is not cheap and that is why I told my lawyer they should add a free membership to the Y into the deal.
Shots some times give me a little relief and sometimes they really do nothing other then the relief I get from the numbing meds they use during it

One of my first injections there was a mishap.

Doctor was doing the injection, next I heard the doctor say a cuss word. Later I learned that when the doctor did the injection my leg popped up and kicked the doctor in the face.

I had no ideal this happened.

I do remember having lots of pain with that injection. I am told it was likely due to having a lot of inflammation or the doctor hit a nerve.

First time I went to the pain doc I was very worried about them wanting to give me any shots in the back. He talked me into trying one and it wasn't bad at all. The next visit he was doing another shot and during it he said now your going to feel a little bit of pressure and I about came off the table in pain. The nurse said I think he must have meant pain. He said right then I needed to see the other doctor because I had bigger problems then he could work on. Now this other doctor does more procedures and the ones that require more skill I guess is the better word for it. That is the day that turned me off to any shot in the back.

I can remember my first ones, I was skeptical and very worried at that time I wasn't cleared of mrsa.. As time went by they came easier and knew when and how long they would hurt..lol. I'm not going to lie, these recent ones are far the worst feeling I have ever had.. I will let them do 1 more but in the hip area, after that if still no relief no more.. I have been so stressed over these new drs, I have sunk into depression faze.. I told my pain clinic nurse that all I want (if injections don't work) all I want is to be left the hell alone, monitor my meds and let me be on my way..

This new year has to be the worst, bad news after bad news.. First it started out with wc still not covering meds,. The after 1 year after appealing judges decision on ssdi I started pestering the lawyer to check on it. About a week ago I get a letter from attorney that I should know what the appeals consil decided if it warrants a new judge. Yesterday I got a letter from ssa stating no .. Here we go again, another appeal request was signed yeaterday and now we wait.. 5am we get a call that my mother was admitted in to the hospital. O2 levels are mid 80's and running a 103 temp. She has been in and out a few times last year but her lungs are getting worse so its a down hill spiral from here..

(01-27-2015, 02:51 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: I can remember my first ones, I was skeptical and very worried at that time I wasn't cleared of mrsa.. As time went by they came easier and knew when and how long they would hurt..lol. I'm not going to lie, these recent ones are far the worst feeling I have ever had.. I will let them do 1 more but in the hip area, after that if still no relief no more.. I have been so stressed over these new drs, I have sunk into depression faze.. I told my pain clinic nurse that all I want (if injections don't work) all I want is to be left the hell alone, monitor my meds and let me be on my way..

This new year has to be the worst, bad news after bad news.. First it started out with wc still not covering meds,. The after 1 year after appealing judges decision on ssdi I started pestering the lawyer to check on it. About a week ago I get a letter from attorney that I should know what the appeals consil decided if it warrants a new judge. Yesterday I got a letter from ssa stating no .. Here we go again, another appeal request was signed yeaterday and now we wait.. 5am we get a call that my mother was admitted in to the hospital. O2 levels are mid 80's and running a 103 temp. She has been in and out a few times last year but her lungs are getting worse so its a down hill spiral from here..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on trigger point injections Bummer Knees 18 13,929 02-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I got my facet injections yesterday bronco54501 14 8,032 01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Has anyone had trigger point injections? Bummer Knees 6 3,880 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM
  Tainted steriod injections bronco54501 14 6,741 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Question about steriod injections per the hand Bummer Knees 6 3,034 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  2nd abdominal injections bronco54501 0 1,547 08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
  please read my injections post Sithie 2 2,001 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Sithie