Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pysch.
I do not think they are a scam if you go to a state or city college. How is that a scam? The scam was if you used some of your vouchers for a vocational counselor on the list to guide you to what type of college or career to go to. Most colleges offer a one credit course on career counseling for those who have no idea of what career or route they want to go to which does this through a series of tests questions of your personality and interests. Some of the tech colleges out there are scam, while some are not. I have no idea about the tech colleges on their list. Again, these voucher can be used towards city and state colleges so I do not see this as a scam.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Something doesn't seem right about what she said.

Maybe she was referring to the counselors and some of the tech schools as being a scam. I would agree.

I am sure you can find out if the vouchers are available for your date of injury from another I&A officer to ease your mind.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

As you know, my case may soon be settled. because of that, I want to make sure nothing is left out. I can't count on the DA/CA to advice me of everything allowed in the settlement. I'm sure they would love it, if I over looked some stuff.

Also, I spoke with some attorneys here in town, and they all say my case is too old for them to take on.

Just spoke with the a lady at the wcab medical unit.

The Vocational retraining did end.

It is NOW called Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit. And it IS still being used, and I am eligible.

Got that resolved, now on to the next issue.

Couldn't have done it without you, California_help.

Thank you..

I am glad you got a second opinion.

Vocational training did end and is something totally different from my understanding. Anyway I am glad you got your answer and it was positive.

I noticed a form to fill out a request for the voucher on the states webpage. When you are ready that is a way to get started. I am still a little confused on if there is an expiration date after you receive the voucher to use it. That is something I would check in case college is not something you can do right away.

Colleges have great resources for those who may need restrictions to help them. You can contact disabled student services department of you need accommodation.

Good luck to you.

When I spoke to the lady this morning, she said this is something that is usually cashed out. And the defense att. said we would cover this when we settle.

Should I fill out the form now, to make sure I don't miss a dead line, or wait till we settle?

As you can see this topic is something I do not know very much about.

This is something you should decide. In my opinion if you are not interested in going to college I would wait, unless there is a deadline. I did not read a deadline did you? If you are interested in going to college I would apply when you are ready to attend... so if that is now I would apply now because registration for fall is going on currently for many colleges.

Not on planning going to college now.

Just want to make sure if I settle by C@R, I resolve ALL issue's before I sign.

This is something, I would guess is considered non-medical.

I agree with you, the only deadline I saw, was once issued, then deadlines may apply.