Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report on US health care system
tha data was taken prior to implementation of the Affordable Health Care act.
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publicat...ror-mirror

"The United States health care system is the most expensive in the world, but this report and prior editions consistently show the U.S. underperforms relative to other countries on most dimensions of performance. Among the 11 nations studied in this report..."
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 if you dont like America or the fact that anyone can come here(and many risk their life to do so) why dont you go to one of those wonderful places? Does our health care need work? yes but quit comparing us to other countries that come here to get their surgeries done because the wait is so long in their socialized med countries.And many DIE waiting for it.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

one of the ways to find which aspects needs work is to compare.
your comment makes no sense if you really believe our health care needs to improve. why would you not want to find out the ways to do it?
I think you already reached your conclusions before you got any facts and want to put down/stop any questions that might challenge them.
is every other system worse because it's not american?
are you blinded by our flag?

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-18-2014, 03:06 PM)1171 Wrote: one of the ways to find which aspects needs work is to compare.
your comment makes no sense if you really believe our health care needs to improve. why would you not want to find out the ways to do it?
I think you already reached your conclusions before you got any facts and want to put down/stop any questions that might challenge them.
is every other system worse because it's not american?
are you blinded by our flag?

I got to agree with 1171 on this one, I know dentist that go to Mexico to get work on their teeth. Does that make them un-American? Don't think so, makes them smart, if they know what is better for them. America gets a lot of our oil from over seas, does that mean america is un-American ? Not everything great is in or comes from america.

Yep you can wrap me in our flag...we spent 7 years in Germany I watched people their in pain and couldnt go to a Dr...they had to go to a drugstore and let the druggest treat them. My friends Husband had to leave Germany and come to America to get his heart bypass the wait time would have killed him.
My one experience with them was a GYN appt I had a cyst on my ovary The Dr had two fingers inside and then slapped my side with a book. Yes it took care of it but I have had American Drs take care of them with a lot more compassion.Many people go to mexico to get treated because they treat them with medications that are not always safe.
Our biggest problem is the fact we as a nation love to sue and malpractice insurance is high here.Other countries cant sue their national health care. You like WC Docs you will like national health care...Months to get an appt. and fined if you go to the ER and it not an emergency.

My thoughts on this............why do people from Canada cross the border traveling to the Unites States for medical treatment if our is so awful?

Why isn't a study done on the health care injured workers receive.

the study is about a health care system not about the education, care, treatment etc. provided by individual doctors.
if you are rich enough anyone can travel to the best doctors in the world no matter how bad that country's health care is provided to it's people.

one person getting bad care or another getting exceptional care does not say anything about the whole system of providing health care for a population.
large studies have to be done to make any meaningful conclusions.

there are many studies/reports on medical care under workers comp.
here's some on california:
https://www.dir.ca.gov/chswc/medicalPage1.html
many states do them and there are some national studies as well
https://www.wcrinet.org/recent_pub.html
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

you like the WC way of health care you will love national health.When the goverment decides what ind of care you can have you no longer have a choice of what is done to you and what isnt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make changes in a positive way with WC system California_Help 0 1,160 05-11-2016, 01:39 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Health care with no insurance Bummer Knees 4 2,479 11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Health Care Reform Bad Boy Bad Boy 16 5,796 08-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Health Insurers Back Coverage for All Regardless of Current Health oblivyous 2 2,943 11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Last Post: oblivyous
  Out of the system! bethsha211 20 4,931 06-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bethsha211
  Slow system collateraldamage5591 2 1,662 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Be Heard ( health care) Bad Boy Bad Boy 7 2,662 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Last Post: vickinat