Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACL, PCL and MCL reconstruction
So I just had reconstruction of acl, pcl and my mcl on my right knee ( about 7 weeks ago) just saw my DR. And he said I can start to put pressure on it. But to my wife this means Jesus has given me permission to walk like nothing ever happend. It is starting to get to me. The pain is crazy, and her nagging could push me to believe it myself.

Follow your doctor's restriction per walking. They have the medical background.

I have something similar with my daughter, she thinks I should go dancing, that would be real fun! I walk with a cane and have limited mobility.

(06-11-2014, 11:06 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Follow your doctor's restriction per walking. They have the medical background.

I have something similar with my daughter, she thinks I should go dancing, that would be real fun! I walk with a cane and have limited mobility.

Thanks bummer knees, it's really hard to do a lot and ppl pushing for me to do a miracle doesn't help much. It's been a year and a half with injury and no work. So it's not easy. This forum really does help. U guys are great with advise

My injuries are left knee, injury 2005, meniscus repair 2006. total knee replacement 2008. Right knee injury 2005, meniscus repair, pica resection, chrondyl repair, 2007.
Lumbar spine injury 2005, 2010 physical therapy.

At IME appointment, 2010 I was injured by the work comp doctor resulting in a cervical spine injury. 2011 ACDF C5-6.

Had a fall Sunday resulting in additional injury of the right knee, had an X-Ray today and being sent to a doctor to determine treatment.

(06-11-2014, 08:34 PM)Toyster16 Wrote: So I just had reconstruction of acl, pcl and my mcl on my right knee ( about 7 weeks ago) just saw my DR. And he said I can start to put pressure on it. But to my wife this means Jesus has given me permission to walk like nothing ever happend. It is starting to get to me. The pain is crazy, and her nagging could push me to believe it myself.

It is difficult for those who have not experienced an injury, surgery and rehabilitation to know/empathize how it actually feels.

I would follow your doctors guidance on rehabilitation. I have heard from physical therapists that knee rahab can be painful. You should move forward with rehabilitating your knee, however you do not want to cause further injury.

I will send you a private message with a picture to inspire.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Toystear I do understand how frustrating the no work is.

The doctor told me when I was first injured that I would be back at work the week following surgery. That did not happen, I was off work 3 months and in that time someone was hired to replace me.

I did return to work temporary for two weeks, I was again taken off work due to the knees. it was so frustrating!

The joys of work comp!