Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Co stopped talking
Found out today that the insurance company that handles my WC has been not talking to me because they thought I had hired a lawyer?

I have had a lawyer look at my case to see if there was any need for there services but I told them I was not hiring them.

Looks like insurance company took that as I hired the lawyer..
BUT WHAT IF I DID? It is my life and NO ONE else looks out for me...

Seven months and I am worse than when I started?

Insurance company assigned a nurse to my case...

The game is killing me, cant walk or do anything...

I see a shrink... I am tired Sad

legal ethics require that the opposing party not go behind the lawyer's back and deal directly with the client.
hopefully you did not sign anything from the lawyer as they are required to notify the carrier and the court of their representation if you do.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-05-2014, 01:26 AM)1171 Wrote: legal ethics require that the opposing party not go behind the lawyer's back and deal directly with the client.
hopefully you did not sign anything from the lawyer as they are required to notify the carrier and the court of their representation if you do.

I did allow them to get copies of my records ONLY to determine if they could help me. I called them and told them that my insurance company thought I was represented and they said they would send then a letter stating that they were not representing me...

Maybe I should have them anyway. Wouldn't let the insurance company know I am covered?

Now that they know you are looking for a lawyer they are not going to be a friendly as they once were. They think nothing of their lawyer working on your case but once you have one the picture changes and they know this is going to cost more. Now once you do hire a lawyer that does not mean you will get more in a settlement but it does mean it will more then likely cost them more because they will have to do more work. Sad but just the way it works.

(06-05-2014, 09:29 AM)Manley2 Wrote: Now that they know you are looking for a lawyer they are not going to be a friendly as they once were. They think nothing of their lawyer working on your case but once you have one the picture changes and they know this is going to cost more. Now once you do hire a lawyer that does not mean you will get more in a settlement but it does mean it will more then likely cost them more because they will have to do more work. Sad but just the way it works.

Did you know that if a lawyer working for the DA sucessfully gets a WC case dismissed, they get a massive bonus from the insurance company for doing so?

Can I ask what state you are from? In some states, an attorney can get rid of a nurse case manager on the case. You do not need to allow her in your exam room during a doctors visit, in any state. They are hired guns for the insurance company, and are there to look out for the best interests of the insurance company.

In my opinion it is much easier being represented by an attorney, than dealing with the insurance company. Once you hire an attorney, you will not be able to talk to the insurance company, as your attorney will be your advocate.

You can ask the law firm if they want to take your case, or contact other work comp attorney's in your area. Or you can choose to keep things as they are.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

You need an attorney. There is no way you can handle WC on your own.

Man what a day... I am from IOWA. I guess the lawyer that was going to look at my case by looking and requesting my records actually sent a letter to the insurance company stating he was representing me. I spoke with him and asked him to tell the insurance company the he was not representing me.

I got the results back of my last MRI of my lower spine that showed a left inguinal hernia, facet changes at l5-S1 and narrowing on the left side...
The pain Dr that ordered it wanted to do an epideral, I declined and asked to see the Dr who the insurance company had me see. I saw her today with my nurse. She does NOT come in with me. The Dr recommended I see a neurosurgeon and discuss disc fusion and a general surgeon for the hernia. The nurse called the insurance company and the selected a neurosurgeon and made an appointment. (Did not ask me...) They are thinking about the hernia. That is an issue I may need to consult an attorney or the state if they say it is not related to my WC accident. I have had testicle and grown pain from the day after surgery 1/10. The insurance company paid for 2 Doctors to address the issue, both ended in no results. Nobody checked for a hernia, not even when I had my bladder scoped. My testicles are now messed up, one is like a huge walnut (left side where the hernia is located) and the right is a raisin. The pain is extremely intense, liked getting kicked in the groin 100 times a day. I am in so much pain from my back that my left side of my body goes numb and my left leg and foot twitches..
I do not have an attorney on my case now. My personal attorney is aware of my case and I call him, keeping him in the loop. He said that as soon as the money stops he will get involved....
Getting another attorney who deal with WC seems cool, but I worry so much that it could be too much. I applied for SS Disability and should here soon.
(Thanks everyone for the everything)

The nurse case manager is picking doctors to send you to? You are going back to the insurance company doctor to ask him? Chances are high that doctors picked by the insurance company will be looking out for the insurance companies best interests, which are not always your best medical interest. Be careful of the nurse case manager/loss prevention agent/ insurance company spy.

Did the attorney tell you how they get paid? They are paid a small amount out of your settlement/PD rating, if there is a settlement. This is not something I would be concerned about. Not having an attorney with a serious injury is not a good idea in my opinion. However if you are not having difficulties receiving medical treatment, and benefits, it does not seem necessary at this time.

If you decide to hire an attorney, I strongly advise you to hire an attorney who is familiar with work comp law, and who does most of his work with work comp cases.

Some of the symptoms you described are worrisome, I highly suggest seeing a Urologist and a Neurosurgeon of the spine.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I have called an attorney and asked to see him next week. Things have gotten worse for me. I am going to the ER or clinic tomorrow. My hernia is getting unbearable and the case manager (nurse) would not contact the insurance company to see if they decided to send me to a general surgeon. I have decided to use my insurance and get help. Can they treat me me for a work comp issue then decide it is not a work comp issue? I am DONE....my attorney can figure it out. I am sick.
“The more you can escape from how horrible things really are, the less it's going to bother you...and then, the worse things get.”
― Frank Zappa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 1,718 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 2,796 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 6,483 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped constantpain 31 20,761 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 5,988 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  TTD stopped for a year, just started again constantpain 18 11,559 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 7,277 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain
Wink settled and i/c stopped medical, lawyer ran nomeds 2 2,741 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: unjured2
  sdi stopped payment pending qme results kylecalifornia 5 12,203 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  Benefits stopped Big T 1 4,377 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM