Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like I do not have any hope/depression
(06-19-2014, 06:05 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Scooter I understand how the high pain related to that knee can cause depression as it did with me.

It took three years and 10 months working thru the courts before my TKR happened.

Didn't you have a hearing in recent months, how did it go?

Have you applied for SSDI, if not you should do so.

My hearing was yesterday. They ambushed us with witnesses but I had already admitted long ago about my knees. Lawyer said it went as best as he could expect. Problem is BK, if this commissioner states no compensability any longer for knees and they are not responsible for a TKR, I have no idea what I will do because you can't appeal unless they make a legal mistake. At least that's my understanding of our state WC laws. Yes, I had admitted all along about my OA. Never hid it. I was walking with a dull ache at times and a limp after running for 12 hours on heavy days. I had forgotten I was told I needed knee replacements Long ago but once I reviewed their briefs, I was open/ honest about it. Told them that since that time, my knees haven't even been on my mind because they have been pretty good and have only had 1 X-ray since that time, wore some off loaders for three days and stuck them in the closet as my knees were ok.
They tried to discredit me as they thought I was going to deny everything. That didn't happen. They based their case on me trying to get them to pay for it on purpose and falling on purpose. Had a slip where I had applied for financial aid from 2010 for emergency care unrelated to knees and the bill was forgiven. They tried to portray me as a liar basically. If I had wanted knee replacements,I would of had them done as I had great insurance with two other jobs. Then they bring out a form for STD where I asked a hypothetical question about STD. Even had great insurance with this job but never wanted anything to do with surgery.
So if they deny it. I'm cut off benefits, I can barely ambulate and have to use a walker 24/7, can't sit for any length of time, my left hip and back is killing me because of my abnormal gait and compensating with the walker PLUS they cut off my drug card Monday some can't even get my pain meds.

No I did not apply for SSI as I took the advice of my lawyer and was told to wait.

I could hack it out of I knew the outcome was getting my injury fixed but once the commissioner makes a decision, it's over.
My bills are piling up, I'm going to lose my cars, don't know if we can make rent etc etc. I have no other insurance and my legs are swelling now and I am losing muscle tone in the right one. I have actually lost 18 pounds- I am turning into a slug.mi was never buff, I am fluffy but I was able to ride a bike, walk, play sports- now I have to sit all day with a few breaks Inbetween.
My depression stems from pain, the whole case has been jerked around by WC, losing our home, wetting my pants because I can't get into the bathroom fast enough and the walker won't fit, haven't been able to get into/out of a shower/tub for six months on my own. Husband has to help me even with a shower chair.

I can honestly say I'm so done. I would rather not even be here on this earth in this body right now.
Before I fell, we had just gotten back from holidays where we were scuba diving, snorkeling, getting in and out of a boat from deep water, walking all over the place, I was jogging on the track......

It's been never ending and my leg looks like a twig from muscle atrophy with a huge swollen basketball in the center where my knee is.

Sorry for going off. It's just that I am so upset the system and truth seems to have failed me and I have no idea what to do next

Scooter I do truly understand how not receiving Medical care changes lives.

I do not agree with your attorney on telling you not to file for SSDI. Likely because your attorney will end up do some of the paper work which is not something he wants to do.

Being approved for SSDI takes time, sometimes years and this is something you need to do right now! Receiving SSDI before my TKR was approved was why I was able to pay my bills.

Have you applied for public assistance, I would think you would qualify.

1171 or California do you have a take on this post?

(06-20-2014, 03:00 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Scooter I do truly understand how not receiving Medical care changes lives.

I do not agree with your attorney on telling you not to file for SSDI. Likely because your attorney will end up do some of the paper work which is not something he wants to do.

Being approved for SSDI takes time, sometimes years and this is something you need to do right now! Receiving SSDI before my TKR was approved was why I was able to pay my bills.

Have you applied for public assistance, I would think you would qualify.

1171 or California do you have a take on this post?
Applied for medicaid and was denied because my husband makes 300/ a month too much on his SSI check. He has been disabled for 23 years. My husband and son qualified for medicaid because of aged/disabled and my son is under 19. I didn't.
We don't qualify for any public assistance because of the same reason. We are 300.00 above the limit.
I did email the lawyer just now asking him to help me apply for disability.

Thank you California Help for your encourgement. Scooter I hope you get your knee replacement done soon, so very sorry your going through all of this. It is really tough to lose the income we were making. If I could work I would be working also. I do not want to be in this perdicament which was caused by my job and the insurance company has made it as rough as possible for me. I totally understand where your coming from. I will keep you in my prayers, we both deserve a break!

if the commissioners deny your claim why can you not get coverage thru the Affordable Care Act?
http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/rights/

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I do not understand your attorney advising you to wait on SSDI. I would discuss this with him. If you had SSDI and this injury was denied, then Medicare could cover it.

There is SSI and there is SSDI. I would apply for both.

The affordable care act does provide free health coverage for those who's income meets qualifications. I highly suggest contacting Healthcare.gov and talk to a representative to help ad see if you qualify for assistance there.

I will send you a pm with some additional resources.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-20-2014, 11:40 AM)1171 Wrote: if the commissioners deny your claim why can you not get coverage thru the Affordable Care Act?

The cost of that insurance is 600/month with a 25,000 deductible. Only making 1250 a month and rent being 1100, we are broke but not broke enough for welfare I guess. Housing help is wait listed for years. Tried to apply there and they said my income is so low that I can get medicaid. Medicaid states no. Have appealed it twice. I am in a state where they did not opt for the extra thing that made it available for people in these circumstances.

I just can't see any light at all

(06-20-2014, 01:12 PM)California_Help Wrote: I do not understand your attorney advising you to wait on SSDI. I would discuss this with him. If you had SSDI and this injury was denied, then Medicare could cover it.

There is SSI and there is SSDI. I would apply for both.

The affordable care act does provide free health coverage for those who's income meets qualifications. I highly suggest contacting Healthcare.gov and talk to a representative to help ad see if you qualify for assistance there.

I will send you a pm with some additional resources.

Thank you. I have spoken to the reps at the affordable care act and it was 600/month. They stated that since my income was so low, they sent me to medicaid. Our state medicaid is one of the ones that opted out of the extra funding for low income families.

(06-20-2014, 01:17 PM)Scooter123 Wrote:
(06-20-2014, 11:40 AM)1171 Wrote: if the commissioners deny your claim why can you not get coverage thru the Affordable Care Act?

The cost of that insurance is 600/month with a 25,000 deductible. Only making 1250 a month and rent being 1100, we are broke but not broke enough for welfare I guess. Housing help is wait listed for years. Tried to apply there and they said my income is so low that I can get medicaid. Medicaid states no. Have appealed it twice. I am in a state where they did not opt for the extra thing that made it available for people in these circumstances.

I just can't see any light at all

The states that opted out are clearly hurting those I need, like yourself.

I sent you a pm.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Mercy I haved stayed away from this side have been dealing with my own depression I am sorry I havent been here for some of you.
your lawyer doesnt want you to apply for SSDI because it can limit his/her paycheck as you may have to do a medicare setaside.
Stand up and take the lead when it comes to your care.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 1,338 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 4,305 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,241 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Injury, Narcotics, Depression sparkey 33 23,715 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 11,272 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman
  Soon to end...I HOPE nycpal 1 1,770 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM
  Depression...Need to talk! BamaJ 16 8,255 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  feel i'm being forced to retire bella 2 3,249 06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Last Post: bella
  feel like they own me.... jerseylock 19 10,506 06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Can I Get PTD For Major Depression? lefty 4 10,406 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica