Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help
Hi everyone it been a while but let me get to my problem, after fighting my employer for unemployment for 2 months n won the unexpected happened again. I rent it a car to on a small vacation with my wife n grandkids n the day of returning the car back I felt down on their parking lot do to ice on the side walk. I went to the ER n find out I got broken ribs,damage my left shoulder,my neck n my lower back spine, so my ? Is should I contact the IC from my previous injuries( 3 operation On my shoulders) or the IC from the rental place take place first,any help will be appreciated. I live in CT.

(03-18-2014, 04:13 PM)chico1960 Wrote: Hi everyone it been a while but let me get to my problem, after fighting my employer for unemployment for 2 months n won the unexpected happened again. I rent it a car to on a small vacation with my wife n grandkids n the day of returning the car back I felt down on their parking lot do to ice on the side walk. I went to the ER n find out I got broken ribs,damage my left shoulder,my neck n my lower back spine, so my ? Is should I contact the IC from my previous injuries( 3 operation On my shoulders) or the IC from the rental place take place first,any help will be appreciated. I live in CT.

This is not a work injury and should be delt with by the rental agency.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(03-18-2014, 04:13 PM)chico1960 Wrote: Hi everyone it been a while but let me get to my problem, after fighting my employer for unemployment for 2 months n won the unexpected happened again. I rent it a car to on a small vacation with my wife n grandkids n the day of returning the car back I felt down on their parking lot do to ice on the side walk. I went to the ER n find out I got broken ribs,damage my left shoulder,my neck n my lower back spine, so my ? Is should I contact the IC from my previous injuries( 3 operation On my shoulders) or the IC from the rental place take place first,any help will be appreciated. I live in CT.

If I were a gambler I would bet the house that the IC will move swiftly to place any issues you were still treating for squarely on your last incident which they are no responsible for.

Were you getting PPD\TTD payments or medical?

Ty 1117 n yes I'm getting PPD now but the problem now is that I need another operation on the left shoulder.

I mean 1171 sorry for my spelling do to my meds.

(03-20-2014, 07:52 AM)chico1960 Wrote: Ty 1117 n yes I'm getting PPD now but the problem now is that I need another operation on the left shoulder.

that means you reached MMI on your work injuries.
if you need surgery because of the recent slip then contact your health insurance and/or the rental car company.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

You may be in for a fight. Your injury in the parking lot are not covered by WC and I would bet they are going to say this fall is what has caused your pain now and will want to end their treatment and funds to you. Sorry I don't know the laws in your state on this but WC will use anything to stop paying you and for your treatment and this fall gives them a reason to. Good luck

You need to contact a civil attorney that deals with this, which is slip and falls. I would also contact your work comp attorney. I would do this before giving statements to insurance companies.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(03-20-2014, 11:05 AM)Manley2 Wrote: You may be in for a fight. Your injury in the parking lot are not covered by WC and I would bet they are going to say this fall is what has caused your pain now and will want to end their treatment and funds to you. Sorry I don't know the laws in your state on this but WC will use anything to stop paying you and for your treatment and this fall gives them a reason to. Good luck

both the worker and the employer need medical evidence before making a determination of liability.
no state's worker's comp laws allows PPD liability to vanish because of an injury later in life.
scare tactics are not facts and don't help with decision making.

Yes I reached MMI last Dec(2013) for my left shoulder so I though if anybody get hurt again for the same injury no matter how or where or if not working for the same company anymore I could go back to the IC that was dealing with this injury. I guess I'm wrong.