Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney expects to file a lawsuit
Received a letter from the attorney per the auto accident.

The auto insurance company has increased the settlement offer to $21,750.

I told my attorney no dice. Besides paying the attorney there is a medical lien to repay and Medicare to repay. Once I settle I will be responsible for all future medical bills per the thoracic spine.

Previous the insurance company sent a letter saying they were not paying because I was claiming an injury for the C-spine. I called my attorney and asked him where are they getting this information? The injury was for the thoracic spine not the c-spine. What a mess!

My attorney told me today we will looking at a lawsuit in court and will need to file by August 2014.

(11-18-2013, 05:30 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Received a letter from the attorney per the auto accident.

The auto insurance company has increased the settlement offer to $21,750.

I told my attorney no dice. Besides paying the attorney there is a medical lien to repay and Medicare to repay. Once I settle I will be responsible for all future medical bills per the thoracic spine.

Previous the insurance company sent a letter saying they were not paying because I was claiming an injury for the C-spine. I called my attorney and asked him where are they getting this information? The injury was for the thoracic spine not the c-spine. What a mess!

My attorney told me today we will looking at a lawsuit in court and will need to file by August 2014.

I would hold out as long as you can, It really don't take long to burn up that offer in medical needs. Will it be 2 years when august rolls around, it seems like it was just recent.. Time flies don't it...

Thanks Bronco

I will end up owing money If I settle for the amount the insurance company has offered.

The lien on the settlement is 7,500. around 10,000. owed to medicare and the attorney needs paid along with legal expenses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I file WC for going to school????? AQA 0 2,609 07-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Attorney to file for penalty Bummer Knees 6 3,477 04-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Heparin Lawsuit bronco54501 10 6,143 03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Last Post: RNvic
  Attorney to file on back Bummer Knees 8 3,487 06-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Officer dropped the lawsuit! ksgirl 12 3,069 10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Last Post: monster