Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ssdi heaing tomorow
Sorry about the wheel trouble but it does sound like things went pretty good. Both the wife and I were lucky to know we had ours when we walked out of the meeting. From what you have said I think things are going to go okay for you but you know it can be hard to figure out just what they will say in the end.

Thanks manley,

They say 3 times a charm, I'm praying since this judge got to see me in person he seen the agony I was going through with the ride down and trying to sit there in front of him. There was a few times during the hearing I think could have been better. One was why I had not tried to find employment with in my restrictions, and why I don't have much for hobbies. These were questions I wasn't sure how to answer and my attorney never discussed this part with me. I explained the hobby issues as best I could saying its hard to stick to something long enough when I don't know from day to day how my mind and body will react. My attorney stepped in and answered the employment issue, stating the 2 ime reports they were going off of were drs hired by the ins company to fight my wc bennifits, and were not from my dr reports. I felt the ssa administration was being bias going off of these ime reports and not from my injury dr or my primary.

When they were trying to fit me into a category for my age and employment with the economy, they used my age at 41. I had not caught this right away and we were off the record once it dawned on me. Either this was a mistake, or they figured my age at the time of last employment......? what do you think...?

Likely they were using the age because it related to the employment time frame.

Was your medical discussed in length?

I had a 3 hour interview in the local SSA office when I first applied, my thoughts are the intake worker got to see me in person and see my limitations. So Bronco I would say that judge having the visual of you along with reviewing the medical records will greatly help your case.

The job search was important when my work comp case was open and I complied doing 3-4 searches a week and all done online but Social Security never paid any attention or asked about if I looked for employment.

I would think they should be looking at your age now. Not sure how well the judge could see me because of it being a video meeting with the judge on the other end and a recorder and the voc person in a very small room with me.

(11-16-2013, 11:55 AM)Manley2 Wrote: I would think they should be looking at your age now. Not sure how well the judge could see me because of it being a video meeting with the judge on the other end and a recorder and the voc person in a very small room with me.

Manley, this was the same setup I had but I could see him and the voc at the same time just as well they could see me and my attorney and the ssa helper. I thought they should have used my current age also, perhaps the reason was that's when the doc pulled me from work perm. It would of cost me some extra money, but my voc expert could have came along and testified on my behalf. He felt it has been my age with all the denials and figured once the judge seen me in my condition he should go in my favor. He also didn't want to act like he was in a pissing match with the courts voc oppinions being they don't work for ssa and there supposed to be neutral. I do believe I have one more step if this judge denies me, but I'm not sure my attorney will persue it any further. I will have to start fresh with a new application but then I will loose all the back pay.

When I say the room we were in was small I do mean small. The TV took up almost half the room. Thinking back I can still remember how I felt that day and right before I walked back I thought to myself I was just going to walk in there and be honest and things will take care of them self.
Seems like around here they deny everybody and make you fight for it but in the end the medical reports tell the true story. I know since you have to wait it is going to feel like the longest time in your life but we will keep you in our prayers. Hope the answer is a good one and doesn't take very long

Keep an eye on your bank account,we found the money in our account before we got the award letter.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Your right jayne, the money was in my account a few days before I got the letter. I knew it was coming but it was in the account before the letter.

(11-14-2013, 01:38 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Had my hearing 3 years ago now but waited over 2 years to get it. Can tell you I was wreck thinking about it. Did it without a lawyer because I though work was suppose to provide one but no they didn't. So that made me even worry more about how it would go. But told me before I walked out I was getting my benefits. Will say a prayer for you because this is a very important day and hope all goes well.

Rusty B
This May Be Helpful for others ! May 25th 2017 hearing date . The Judge stated I was approved there. June 15, 2017 I Received a ” Fully Favorable ” notice From On Set Date of Jan 7 2015 to forward ………………… I Checked my Account at the the SSA Site on July 7th 2017 and Showed a Chicago Ill Processing Center . Today I Checked Bank There Was a BP Deposit ! So Happy !! Total Time 2Years and 6 Months it took . Thanks For Your Ans. to my Questions !

(11-17-2013, 10:17 AM)Manley2 Wrote: Your right jayne, the money was in my account a few days before I got the letter. I knew it was coming but it was in the account before the letter.

Yes Me Also !