Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Records
Has something changed in CA whereby medical reports can't be released from doctor to IW directly. I've never been refused copies in the past. My request was in the form of a written release request. What codes, regulations can I use to respectfully dispute this?
Let Go, and Let God......

I dont know Chris but welcome back
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(10-03-2013, 12:37 PM)chrischris Wrote: Has something changed in CA whereby medical reports can't be released from doctor to IW directly. I've never been refused copies in the past. My request was in the form of a written release request. What codes, regulations can I use to respectfully dispute this?

worker comp court has the power to prevent release of certain mental health records directly to the patient otherwise should not be a problem--no change in the law.
more here
http://www.mbc.ca.gov/consumer/access_records.html
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

1171, exactly what I need. Thank you.

My PTP occupational office closed with no notice. Found out by going to my appt and finding a "closed permanently" sign on the wall. 2 weeks ago and IC lagging at getting authorization/records to new PTP within MPN. Past experience, As with 2 PQME's IC never sent medical records and I provided them. Geeeeeeze, why do IC's get away with not following the rules?

(10-03-2013, 12:45 PM)jayne Wrote: I dont know Chris but welcome back

Thanks Jayne. I check in periodically, but feel I don't have much to contribute.

Chris you have much to contribute, you have helped me many times.

I never was able to obtain my medical records from the treating wc doctor, many times I have tried.
I would make the request to my attorney for the medical records and there were times he struggled to get them from the treating doctors but I was always charged a fee for the records.

I got mine from the places that treated me. Some made me jump through hoops, some made me pay, some printed them right out.
I guess it depends if the provider is money hungry or not

I have never been able to get my IME report from a doctor they sent me to back in 2010. Lawyer said unless they gave it to us it would cost about $5000 for this doctor to give it to us. Now I have found out a couple of parts of it. One of the biggest reasons I'm sure they didn't want to show me is the doctor stated I was not at MMI. Only thing I did get was all the questions they wanted this doctor to answer about my condition

I'm going to put on my big girl panties and go in person to my 3 treating docs tomorrow morning, and hopefully come home with current medical records. [Image: biggirlpanties.jpg]

LOL I love those big girl panties
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tax records Bad Boy Bad Boy 12 4,169 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Last Post: halftrak
  old medical records jimmyo1 4 1,762 05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Last Post: jimmyo1
  Dental REcords match CRABBY 16 4,400 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Last Post: MJC
  requesting medical records Bummer Knees 22 6,943 07-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lilly