Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cramps and spasms
The last few days have been hell. Trying to help out bleaching the house has reminded me why I cant work anymore. I am much taller than my wife so while she was bleaching we figure lets wipe down the whole house because winter is coming. Reaching up where she cant reach, as long as I wasn't twisting I figured I would be ok, not. First day was tolerable except for neck pain. Second day my injured shoulder started burning with neck pain worsening along with sharp low back pains, then overnight leg felt heavy with more than usual nerve pain. Started medicating more with gabapentin, seemed to help.

Yesterday I had to stop trying to help The pain was so intense I almost went in because pain meds wouldn't even calm it down. The spasms started mid day every 10 to 15 min Then the cramping kicked in and jolting in my low back started . I felt like a zombie with my max allowed morphine and fell asleep about 2 am just to wake up to the worst dead leg I have ever had except now having right leg issues.

In extreme conditions I am allowed to take up to 6 morphine a day as long as I space them right. I'm sure it just a flair up and from not trying to twist Im sure I did some to much. As I sit here I got a puppy biting my toes I cant really feel him do the left leg but when he gets the right foot.... Dam..

Bronco

Do you have a massage chair?

When I experience the nerve pain I will set in the recliner with the massage insert and massage.

It may not stop the nerve pain but it will relax the back muscles and makes it easier to tolerate the pain.

After the knee injury I had pretty serious nerve pain in the right leg and foot. Now I am having numbness and nerve pain again in that leg and foot with the nerve pain getting pretty intense.

The massage inserts cost around $100.00 and you can find them at Walgreens and Wal Mart.

Dumb butt you know better than that.....But we all do it again and again hoping againt hope that this time we might get away with it
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

That's just it, I had been doing good on controlling the pain until I decided to do this. I know it will calm down in a few days, I just got to watch what I do. I see my dr at the end of the week going to see if he will re-new script for patches and muscle relaxers because it will help with the muscle ache's. I have not tried using my wc ins yet for my scripts so we will see how this goes.. I am assuming I use my old claim number, I have not even given this a thought...

There are times like fall I think about the things that need done before winter and then I get so up set with myself because I remember I can't do 95% of it. If I do try I can be in extra pain for days for sure but sometimes it has to be done and no money t pay to get it done.

I love fall weather but hate the way it makes me hurt....As far as the fall work it will be there in the spring.

(09-23-2013, 05:04 PM)jayne Wrote: I love fall weather but hate the way it makes me hurt....As far as the fall work it will be there in the spring.

That has been my line of thinking this year. If we sell the house this winter let the new owners worry about it.

we have about 2 1/2 acres of grass. I cannot mow even with the riding mower unless I wanna end up in the ER. We have always had some sort of livestock to eat it down but we have gotten rid of everything except the poultry and the pigs. Grass will be there when we get to it....

Jayne just wondering why you have gotten rid of the livestock, is it due to winter coming on?

Dennis has a ridding lawn mower, and I have a ridding lawn mower. His is a grasshopper, mine is the old fashion type that looks like a small tractor. The bouncing on the lawn mower is what get me down.

Yep that bouncing is good for a migraine and lower back pain so I just don't do it anymore

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with muscle spasms Bummer Knees 3 2,265 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Cricopharyngeal Spasms lucky 6 5,826 09-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  remedys for muscle cramps bronco54501 14 5,363 05-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  leg cramps sweet tooth 7 3,201 10-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth