Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever WC ... Lots of questions
Question 
Greetings .... Saturday I was involved in a car crash at work. I was taken to the emergency room and released. I've been off work since then and been to my employers doctors twice for knee and shoulder pain. They sent me for an MRI yesterday and today they called and said the PCL in my knee is ruptured. They're sending me to an ortho for follow up (surgery is likely according to the employers docs). My main questions rvolve around my home situation. My wife is eight months pregnant with twins! Once these little ones come, would getting someone to come in and help with the kids be a WC issue? What about things that need doing around the house (lawn care, etc.). The crash was not my faullt, and the other driver was insured. Just curious about these issues ....

Thanx for any insight!!!!

What state do you live in, and is that the same state that the MVA happened in?

WELCOME rbrown....Sorry to hear of the accident. Have to say I am not to knowledgeable on questions you are asking...but did want to WELCOME you to the forum. Also congrats on the coming of the twins...that has to be alot for you to be thinking about. I want you to know you will find there are alot of people here that are very knowledgeable about WC..and I am sure someone will be along to help out with your questions. WELCOME AGAIN to the forum.

Timothy Belt Wrote:What state do you live in, and is that the same state that the MVA happened in?

I live in and the crash was in Illinois.

Smile
Child care and housekeeping are not usual work comp benefits. You may have more luck including them in the auto insurance coverage.
Fault does not play a role in work comp cases, that's only for civil suits.
Rolleyes
Read the handbook for information on Illinois comp benefits and how to get them
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm
Wink
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

1171 Wrote:Child care and housekeeping are not usual work comp benefits. You may have more luck including them in the auto insurance coverage.
Fault does not play a role in work comp cases, that's only for civil suits

Hello rbrown

I live in Il too and when I was injured on the job, I too wanted to know if the IC would pay to have things done that I was unable to do becuase of the injury. Sorry to say they do NOT provide you with any help with things such as childcare, household chores, etc.

The one thing you could look into would be a 3rd party suit against the person that caused the accident. That probably won't get you anything upfront to cover the additional colsts you will incure, but those costs could be paid back in the form of a settlement.

Good Luck
dsny1mom

Thanks for the info!!!

dsny1mom Wrote:Hello rbrown

I live in Il too and when I was injured on the job, I too wanted to know if the IC would pay to have things done that I was unable to do becuase of the injury. Sorry to say they do NOT provide you with any help with things such as childcare, household chores, etc.

The one thing you could look into would be a 3rd party suit against the person that caused the accident. That probably won't get you anything upfront to cover the additional colsts you will incure, but those costs could be paid back in the form of a settlement.

Good Luck
dsny1mom

FYI: Start a diary. Keep track of everything. Mileage, pills, pain and suffering, etc. WC will control your life if you don't stay on top of things.

WC is the biggest joke in America. My advice to you! If you are in pain. Move to California and smoke dope for pain. You will eventually die if you take prescription pain meds.

Good luck!

If you consume "legal pain relief solutions" you are paying for the multi million dollar homes in Miami that the "prescription drug dealers" own.

Do what you feel is needed for your own personal well being.

"Doctors" in America and their "healing medicne" have been around for less than 125 years.

Humans have been living for billions of years. The "Miami beach islands" have been here for less than 40 years.

I am an injured worker in ND. I have been perscribed meds for pain. I would be dead by now if I continued taking this junk.

Your story may be differnt and you may need prescribed meds.

Just remember that the human body has powerful healing properties.

Most people can heal themselves.

Good luck and don't inhale! Smile
DOI July 2004 C5-6, C6-7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I have done lots of research Louann1963 3 683 02-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Louann1963
  stressed and lots of questions in California cowboysdcboys 12 6,157 01-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Froggerman
  lots of questions & a very confused husband!! my_husband_is_hurt 2 3,041 02-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Last Post: heynow
  Broken ribs & lots more! TexasBoy 3 7,187 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: TexasBoy
  lots of w/c ? mikes 8 5,509 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Last Post: 1171
  new person here I have lots of ?'s yellowbasil 6 4,786 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Last Post: yellowbasil