Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain Management
I went yesterday and seen my workmans comp dr.
During his visit he has suggested that I go and see some drs he knows at one of the hospital pain management clinics. He is sending the request for approval for the visits. so lets see how long they take to approve them... since we are in settlement talks. this may wake them up or hell put them into a deeper sleep, What are your alls thoughts on pain management
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
For me I have what I think is the best PM doctors. They have gone more then the extra mile to help me and do their best to help manage my pain level.
Now my wife also goes to the same doctors but I can say before she switched to this hospital the first PM doctor she had did nothing but give her more drugs then she should of had and she had to go through withdraws because of it. She was new to the world of pain and as she would complain about pain he would just give her a larger dose or stronger drug. So sad to say I think there are ones out there that will help but there are ones that will not really do the best for you. Not sure how to tell you to find the good ones.
We have talked to several people of the years that are looking for a good PM doctor and I only know of 2 of them that have tried the same doctors we use that didn't like them. But I can tell you in both cases these were people that all they wanted was more drugs and these doc's are not about that at all.
C_F I am wore out from fighting pain I don't care who says what. For 6 years I tried to suck it up and learn to live with it I have a pain level(we all do) that others cannot believe. But it wears you out and it makes you cranky and hard to live with not to mention wanting to die some days. My daughter was helping herself to my pain meds here and there. I spoke to my Dr and told him all of this. His suggestion was to try the patch but I had heard horror stories about it, but I was ready to try anything I love the patch it takes a smaller amount of drug and it is a even amount I do have another drug for break thru but I don't need it often. I like waking up in the morning NOT hurting so badly, I like being able to go thru the day without the hi's and lows of a pill or being in so much pain and having to wait or hope I don't OD this time. The bad thing about them is if its really hot outside they make you sick and hot baths are out. Quick showers are the way to go.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Pain Management is helping me

This doctor seems to care, and is trying to make my pain bearable,without drugs.
Pain Management is helping me

This doctor seems to care, and is trying to make my pain bearable,without drugs.
Greetings young wise one.

" since we are in settlement talks. this may wake them up or hell put them into a deeper sleep ".

I don't think it will do either. From my perspective, it will just be a note in the file. I really don't see it changing anything in reference to monetary settlement.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best software for Payroll Management of the employees? Indumathi 3 239 03-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Anger management bodybuilder1958 2 1,642 12-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Pain Management UndercovrAngel 1 1,198 09-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Back from Pain Management UndercovrAngel 6 2,209 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Pain management grumpyone 7 3,520 07-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  marvelous management hurt at work 2 1,675 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: fencer11
  The 5 minute management course monster 2 1,627 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM