Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-30-2015, 06:22 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doctor problems
07-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Doctor problems
Background: hurt on job Oct 2011. Torn labrum, rotator cuff, bicep.
Surgery March 2012. PT through Sept when discovered full tear - second surgery Oct 2012. No improvement. Sought new doc. Tear not fixed at Oct 2012 surgery. Third surgery March 2013. I can't stand new doc. Doesn't listen to my limitations (I can not write more than 4 words then have to stop). Improved only 5 degrees in ROM after 33 PT visits. Doc said I can return to work with light duty - writing and typing only (not my position). He knows (I've told him) I have extreme pain. The pt documents my limitations and what he observes - but doc insists he has to put light duty on paperwork. He said he has to "legally". I said, "but I physically can't do that". He ignores it. He also told me my bones is "crap". I have a 30+% chance of retear. My tendons/cuff is brittle and I have fatty infiltration throughout the cuff. He has not documented these conclusions. He has a schedule in his head and whether I've met the goals on that schedule - he moves on as if I have. He won't prescribe pain meds after 3 months (even though I'm in constant pain).
I'm not improving. I want a doctor who listens. I want one who documents. I do have an attorney and he doesn't want to ruffle feathers (yet) by demanding an amendment in my med. files (because light desk duty does not put me back to work). I'm very concerned that the doc is not accurately portraying the progress since surgery in March 2013. I will not agree to more surgeries since each leave me weaker and with less ROM (I can't even lift my arm to wash my hair).
My future use of my dominant arm is bleak. If he is saying now that I am able to do things I can't, I'm very concerned about what he will say I can do once I reach mmi.
I know there will be an IME and FCE before its determined if I will be totally disabled or partially disabled. What can I do to get my doc to document our conversations better and note what I am saying: constant pain, when it hurts/use etc?
One last question: this is my dominant arm/shoulder, I'm worried I won't be able to use it in any type of career (I have a CDL). Whether it be determined that I am partially or totally disabled, will I be required to go through vocational training to find work - in areas that I have no interest? I'm all about an honest days work for an honest days pay but I'm not interested in telemarketing or real estate (examples) - just because those are jobs that may not require me to use my arm.
What kind of future do I have??

Thank you for your feedback.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Doctor problems
Wellllllllllllll hell you better start taking someone into those Dr appts with you,if nothing else record them.In most cases I don't like Nurse case managers but it may help you since nothing else seems to be .And If your lawyer is afraid of ruffling a few feathers send his little butt back to the henhouse and ask for a full grown rooster what is he waiting on your other arm to go?
What state you live in? With a CDL you cannot possiably drive with just one good arm it just cant be done safely go tomorrow and sign up for SSDI and then have a talk with your lawyer just how old are you? do you have anyone to help you thru this? cuz it can get nasty...But we can help you with questions a bit and even make you laugh now and then....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
07-14-2013, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 01:22 AM by 1171.)
change attys.
the rules on changing doctors is different for every state.
you can always go get your own doctor at your own expense any time.
return to work rules are different in every state.
you are not required to take any job but then they are not required to pay disability either.
07-14-2013, 08:31 AM
(07-13-2013 11:13 PM)jayne Wrote:  Wellllllllllllll hell you better start taking someone into those Dr appts with you,if nothing else record them.In most cases I don't like Nurse case managers but it may help you since nothing else seems to be .And If your lawyer is afraid of ruffling a few feathers send his little butt back to the henhouse and ask for a full grown rooster what is he waiting on your other arm to go?
What state you live in? With a CDL you cannot possiably drive with just one good arm it just cant be done safely go tomorrow and sign up for SSDI and then have a talk with your lawyer just how old are you? do you have anyone to help you thru this? cuz it can get nasty...But we can help you with questions a bit and even make you laugh now and then....

Thank you for responding! Illinois is home and I'm 45yrs. old.
I have two kids at home and a spouse. They are supportive but as new to this as I am. So, no I really don't have anyone to walk through this with me. (VERY grateful to find this site!!).
I do have a nurse case manager and she has ok. She's been assigned to my case from the beginning and has heard and witnessed some of the docs conclusions. Should I talk with her to find out if she is documenting what he says? I've cautioned from the beginning to remember that the NCM works for the insurance and not me.....
If I apply for SSDI now - will that hurt my WC case? Is it better to wait until I've reached MMI (which isn't far off given the improvement has been 5 degrees in 3 months!).
I hope I'm not coming across as whining; I'm just worn out! 4+ of the last 12 months have been completely immobilized, I've spent 44 of 52 weeks in pt, in pain daily and new doc won't prescribe pain meds ("I'm a surgeon, I fix it. I'm not a pain management doctor. You must have a low tolerance for pain.").
I'm ready to be done with docs! Whatever my future is - I'd like to get on with it!
Thanks again for responding. Feeling somewhat hopeful in just finding an outlet and others who have or are going through this (although I am sorry anyone has to experience any of this)!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new doctor says the surgeon caused the problems constantpain 10 2,309 05-18-2013 07:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Now Doctor Problems... tbear6410 1 1,035 05-07-2013 11:19 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  New Jersey Back Injury problems with W/C Doctor theroos17 6 7,075 04-07-2009 10:45 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  What happens when your doctor and IME doctor diagnosis differs? kitty 18 21,209 04-05-2008 12:12 AM
Last Post: lfoster21
  Pre-Existing back problems.Old problems other side of lower back borninabarn 6 3,637 11-25-2007 01:10 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo