Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center







Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
compensation for scarring
07-07-2013, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013, 10:33 AM by Lbar.)
compensation for scarring
My situation may sound trivial compared to other posts I've read here, however I was wondering if anyone had an opinion relating to my current question. I was injured on the job, requiring surgery for hernia repair. The scar is only 3-4 inches long. I have a surgical scar along my bikini line, but this new one slants upwards along my abdomen. Even though it's considered a "covered" area, am I due any compensation for the permanent scar and loss of sensation in the groin area. It's been 3 months since my surgery. I've gone back to work, but in a different position. Thank you. Live in Rhode Island.
07-07-2013, 01:05 PM,
RE: compensation for scarring
Most WC injuries pay for lost wages while on TTD and what you may lose in the future .However some states pay for scarring but I believe its only for scars on the face or where it can be seen on a daily basis.I have a one inch scar on my neck and was not paid for may ask for a plastic surgeon it cant hurt...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

07-08-2013, 02:20 AM,
RE: compensation for scarring
very likely.
Rhode Island does include disfigurement and scarring in it's permanent impairment provisions.


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about scarring Ar1999 4 730 12-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Ar1999

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)