Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few Questions
Finger still not getting better, doctor took me off PT said he felt it was doing nothing to help, Doctor feel's only thing for him to do is cut my finger back some. I really don't want that done but I am getting tired of living with this pain. any suggestions on anything I can try before I go the doctor's way?

OK, going to get the fingertip cut back to the first knuckle ,, Doctor said I have RSD and this should help,,,, I really don't know but the pain is getting worse,i really don't want to have this done but I see no other way around it. Question is what if this don't help my pain, is WC liable for pain and suffering? I've already suffered this out for almost 2 yrs. hoping it would get better on its own,,,,

no pain and suffering from comp.
In some states only disability/impairment.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Would I be entitled to any compensation for loss of part of my finger?

from the link previously posted there are specific loss benefits available.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

OK, so I am eligible for a specific loss of part of my finger. Question is I already lost part of the fingertip on its own as it was healing last year so the finger is shorter now then my other small finger, now this year the doctor wants to cut my finger back to the knuckle because it is not healing proberley,, well I never received anything last year for losing some of the finger, should I be entitled to something for that plus what the doctor is going to do this year?

they don't rate incrementally.
once your condition has reached maximum medical improvement and recovery is complete they will rate the total amount lost; no matter how many different revisions it took to get to the final condition.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank You 1171 for the reply,,, very helpful. I am just trying to get through this ordeal,,,,, wish it would have never happened but it did and now I have to deal with it. Work has treated me very well, been on light duty since this happened ( Going to be 3 yrs. this July ) Finger hurts more now then when I first did it, its very senseative. Don't want to touch anything with it, it gets cold very fast, burning and stinging feeling most of the time,,,,, not good.

in previous posts I suggested you get a second opinion.
what did the consultation doctor say?
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

OK, Just received a Independent Medical Evaluation ( IME ) in the mail. I have to go see this doctor. It states the evaluation will be performed by an orthopedic surgeon. What does this mean? They say this IME was requested by the WC carrier. Do I have to go to this? Did my employer have any saying about this or is it just the WC carrier doing this? This injury happened back in 6/1/2012 and this is the first I've had to do this. Been going to the regular WC doctor once a month since this injury happened. Is this usual for them to do something like this? Should I see about getting a attorney ? I'am in PA.