Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few Questions
In PA, if medical treatment is available outside of your working hours, you will not be reimbursed for missed time if you choose to obtain this treatment during working hours.

Unless treatment is not available locally, you will not be reimbursed for mileage to obtain this treatment. Most judges in PA would consider 16 miles to be local.

Finally, PA WC does not provide any compensation for pain and suffering.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

In PA, if medical treatment is available outside of your working hours, you will not be reimbursed for missed time if you choose to obtain this treatment during working hours.

Unless treatment is not available locally, you will not be reimbursed for mileage to obtain this treatment. Most judges in PA would consider 16 miles to be local.

Finally, PA WC does not provide any compensation for pain and suffering.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Thank You for the info Timothy Belt
Also want to Thank 1171 and dusty boy, Thank You both!

This 16 mile is to go to Physical Therapy and I am doing this 3 times a week, that is 48 miles per week. I've been doing this going on 4 months now. That really adds up mileage and fuel costs on my vehicle. Would that make any difference? Almost 200 mile a month I've but on my vehicle traveling to therapy.

(06-27-2013, 04:54 AM)theo Wrote: This 16 mile is to go to Physical Therapy and I am doing this 3 times a week, that is 48 miles per week. I've been doing this going on 4 months now. That really adds up mileage and fuel costs on my vehicle. Would that make any difference? Almost 200 mile a month I've but on my vehicle traveling to therapy.

Anyone?

(06-26-2013, 09:51 AM)Timothy Belt Wrote: Most judges in PA would consider 16 miles to be local.

(06-29-2013, 06:36 AM)theo Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 04:54 AM)theo Wrote: This 16 mile is to go to Physical Therapy and I am doing this 3 times a week, that is 48 miles per week. I've been doing this going on 4 months now. That really adds up mileage and fuel costs on my vehicle. Would that make any difference? Almost 200 mile a month I've but on my vehicle traveling to therapy.

Anyone?
think Mr Belt answered that earlier. If in doubt, turn in the mileage, and see where it leads. you may get reimbursed. The most will happen, they will say no

How about if I quit going to therapy, could they ( WC ) hold that against me for any reason ? Or if I were to only go 2X a week instead of 3X.

Depends what the doctor says
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I will be going to the doctor this week, should I ask him? Last time I was to him he askede me if I thought the therapy was doing any good, I just looked at him and said very little has it helped. He said sometimes its all about , then stoped short.

if you are not talking to your doctor and updating them with your issues, you are not doing the things you need to do to recover.
if therapy is helping, you need to continue.
if it isn't and cause financial issues you need to tell the doctor.
please take charge of your claim, you're one who suffers if it goes bad.
don't just sit in the back seat and let everyone else drive.
the best way is to learn about the comp system.
go to the state website and read.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.