Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few Questions
Still in waiting, have had 2 hearings and still cannot get my money ( Specific loss money) Now WC wont even pay for my pain precription, had to let lawyer know about that and they are working on that, its been 2 weeks and still no ok to get it filled. Lawyer said i could pay for it out of pocket,,, why should i have to???? Bad enough i lost half a finger!!!  Getting frustrated with this whole ordeal,,,, need to vent   Sorry All

In PA you are required to attempt to schedule your medical appointments outside of working hours. If you do not attempt to do so, you will not receive wage loss benefits for the lost time; however, if you are unable to schedule the appointments outside of working hours you can receive wage loss benefits for the time missed to attend the doctor's appointments.

PA does not require reimbursement for mileage if the treatment is received locally or available locally. There is no specific rule as to the distance that qualifies as local treatment, but if it is less than 50 miles each way you are unlikely to get reimbursement for your mileage.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

(09-06-2015, 03:33 PM)Timothy Belt Wrote: In PA you are required to attempt to schedule your medical appointments outside of working hours.  If you do not attempt to do so, you will not receive wage loss benefits for the lost time; however, if you are unable to schedule the appointments outside of working hours you can receive wage loss benefits for the time missed to attend the doctor's appointments.

PA does not require reimbursement for mileage if the treatment is received locally or available locally.  There is no specific rule as to the distance that qualifies as local treatment, but if it is less than 50 miles each way you are unlikely to get reimbursement for your mileage.

Really not talking about any of this, i want my specific loss benifit for losing half my finger. Look how long this has been going on, they keep playing around about the money fiqure, is there not a certain value set for losing half a finger?   Whats the problem,,,,, if i have another hearing i'am going to be doing more talking to the judge,,,,, getting no where now.

you need to bring some external heat.
you have to do it in writing.
write to the president of the insurance carrier.
send a copy to your local and state legislators.
send a copies to the state insurance commissioner; director of Bureau of Worker's Compensation; Secretary Department of Labor & Insudry, Kathy Manderino

every legislator has staff that do noting all day but make calls and troubleshoot problems from constituents.

Get Insurance executives and regulators involved. use your "little guy" status being neglected & pushed around by bureaucracy and big insurance. How many others that haven't spoken up?

find out which state legislators are on the Insurance Industry committees and complain to them. If you are in a union, let them know, they have a lobbyist.

don't threaten to do it; just do it.
make sure the claims manager gets a copy of each of your complaints so they know what's coming down.......
keep writing even if you get no response for a while.

keep copies of everything.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Thank You 1171, Its really a shame that a working man has to go through all this BS, Almost like i really wanted to lose half a finger, and it almost certainly seems like i am going to lose the rest of it also. I do have that RSD and its no fun to deal with! I feel like a bear with a thorn in his paw.

It happens often in large complex systems. you just have to be persistent and find different pathways thru.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(06-08-2013, 06:30 PM)dusty boy Wrote: I have CRPS. I can tell you it is a pain like no other.

I am in the care of a pain management doctor right now, we just started on a program to put it into remission, so I have no feed back yet. I suggest you see a pain management doctor yourself, there is no cure, and it gets worse over time.

I feel for you, this is a long road, and you will be fighting the whole way. I also recommend you get an attorney to represent you, there is no way that you can handle this on your own

I was reading through these older posts and came upon yours. A program to put it into remission? I have this awful disease and if there is such a program, could you please enlighten me? And to your progress this far as well? Thank you in advance.
" I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now, you can't tell"

There are injections they can do that help some patients with pain and help to stop it from spreading. Do you have a pain management doctor and does he specialize in CRPS? If not please research this type of doctor in your area. There are support groups out there and they may be able to help you find a doctor to help as well.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(12-17-2015, 09:12 PM)California_Help Wrote: There are injections they can do that help some patients with pain and help to stop it from spreading. Do you have a pain management doctor and does he specialize in CRPS? If not please research this type of doctor in your area. There are support groups out there and they may be able to help you find a doctor to help as well.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=rsd+treatm...injections
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.