Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent disability rating and settlement
Yesterday I received the report from the AME. He gave me a 20% whole person permanent imparement for the low back and a 2% whole person permanent imparement for my leg. He also noted ill never be able to go back to my job and will need lifelong treatment (mostly epidural injections) and surgery will never be a factor (which I agree with). With that said, I'm still waiting to hear back from my attorney, but I'm trying to get an idea of an approx. settlement amount and how long it can take to settle. Any help/guidence to get an idea of amount and length of time would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

each state has their own benefit system so there is no way to tell without knowing the state.
are you just looking to find out the impairment benefits or are you looking to close out the medical as well?
many states have complex formulae for converting impairment into payments.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

In California, including medical. The AME stated I'd need future medical including 16 physical therapy visits per year and 3 spine epidural injections every 4 years. I was able to approximate the future medical, I'm just looking for the approximate amount for the 20% and 2%

it's complicated. requires age, occupation, and other factors.
here is the rating manual if you want to give it a try
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/PDR.pdf

follow example C on page 7-c

once you get a rating you'll have to compute the number of weeks and your weekly PD rate.

if you want to wait, the Disability Evaluation Bureau will eventually issue it's calculation or your atty may do one for you.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

That's exactly what I was looking or. Thank you.

(06-05-2013, 12:26 PM)jennifernd Wrote: That's exactly what I was looking or. Thank you.

there are also a couple of online calculators (require registration)
http://www.pdrater.com/
https://ww3.workcompcentral.com/calculator

if you need more help, come back...
Signature/Reminder :

One last question. Now that all parties have the AME report, which states I'm at maximum improvement, and PD rating how soon can we settle and does a settlement have to take place at a mandatory settlement conference?

There is never a last question. This comp stuff is batshit crazy for those who haven't gone thru it before.
Few can get thru it without help.

Any time.
The court would prefer the parties settle without applying for a hearing and the need of an MSC.
Signature/Reminder :

(06-05-2013, 03:44 PM)jennifernd Wrote: One last question. Now that all parties have the AME report, which states I'm at maximum improvement, and PD rating how soon can we settle and does a settlement have to take place at a mandatory settlement conference?

how long after surgery did u get your impairment rating papers , i got mmi 3 month ago on left but have surgery on right comin in two weeks . just wondering how long it took to get the papers for impairment after surgery

(06-05-2013, 11:37 AM)jennifernd Wrote: Yesterday I received the report from the AME. He gave me a 20% whole person permanent imparement for the low back and a 2% whole person permanent imparement for my leg. He also noted ill never be able to go back to my job and will need lifelong treatment (mostly epidural injections) and surgery will never be a factor (which I agree with). With that said, I'm still waiting to hear back from my attorney, but I'm trying to get an idea of an approx. settlement amount and how long it can take to settle. Any help/guidence to get an idea of amount and length of time would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 2,565 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  When will I be given a disability rating? Kaii23 1 869 09-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Last Post: 1171
  P&S with restrictions but no disability rating. What? 1 Hurt nurse 94 18,692 05-31-2017, 09:07 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 1,690 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  Partial Permanent Disability W/CPTclaim 1 2,281 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 3,060 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  Disability Rating newhaventennis 1 2,561 11-14-2015, 09:16 PM
  Disability rating and appeal Torn 27 10,903 10-15-2015, 11:18 AM
  my doctor doesnt want to give me my disability rating backontrack 4 5,194 08-19-2015, 02:01 PM
  Help translating permanent partial disability rating into $settlement mashkey 1 5,628 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM