Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workers Comp sending me back to Dr.
I broke my wrist in three places a year ago at work in GA.from a fall while working. I had surgery, plate inserted with 6 screws. After 3 days I was sent back to work on light duty. I work in a plant. I was done like crap and told to elevate my arm on a cardboard box while working. After that day doctor took me out for a week. Kept having problems. Therapy, work conditioning and all. I was sent for a FCE in Oct, and then back to a dr. andwas given a lack of use a 16 for arm 10 for whole body. Have been working on light duty. They are basically not happy. I receive the difference in my pay check which is around 85.00 because I can not do the overtime that I did the 13 weeks before injury. After that runs out in about 6 years I will receive my loss of use. I had went to the office and got a heat patch a few weeks ago still having issues with it at times just try to live with it. Goes to sleep at times especially at night and just pain. I am 57 years old. Then two weeks ago I had finished what they needed on a Thursday. Supervisor said he would put me somewhere else for that Friday said if I did not want do that I would have to take a vacation day. When I questioned what I would be doing it seemed to make him mad and safety personal mad. I told him I had been having some problems with my hands, thats why I was concerned and after words making me feel bad. I just took a vacation day. I got email from workmens comp telling me I now have to go back to the dr. since they were told I complained. Just wondering if I should have already got a lawyer. I have worked there almost 19 years. Do I just go on back to the dr. or what. He said there was really nothing else he could do before.

if you want them to pay for it you have tell them you want to see a doctor.
if you don't want to see a doctor, then you should tell them that.

what issue do you have that you want a judge to decide?
you have to have a reason to go to court.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I did not ask to go back to the doctor, I only told them I was having some issues with my hand and arm. I had been dealing with it and no plans on returning till I felt I really needed to. What I am asking is do I have to go back just because the workmans comp. adjuster said to. She said she wanted a medical update and that it had been mentioned my arm was bothering me. She said she was making an appointment for me.

I did not ask to go back to the doctor, I only told them I was having some issues with my hand and arm. I had been dealing with it and no plans on returning till I felt I really needed to. What I am asking is do I have to go back just because the workmans comp. adjuster said to. She said she wanted a medical update and that it had been mentioned my arm was bothering me. She said she was making an appointment for me.

they are providing benefits and are entitled to have medical updates at their expense at any time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Do your self a favor and go see the dr, it's best that they want you to then them tell you no when you need it.. Obviously your still having issues (pain) if you brought it to your employers attention.. They have to protect them self and by you complaining this is why.. You can tell the adjuster that you don't want to but be ready to make a enemy and maybe loose bennifits..

Don't get me wrong I have nothing to hide. I am on light duty and my employer wants to just put me anywhere and call it light duty. They have gave me a hard time since I had the injury because I messed up there saftey record. They told me this past week if I couldnt do production work maybe I didn't need to be there. Just wondering if they are trying to set me up. I am there because I need my job and insurance. I only want to be shown respect and not belittled.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing to hide. I am on light duty and my employer wants to just put me anywhere and call it light duty. They have gave me a hard time since I had the injury because I messed up there saftey record. They told me this past week if I couldnt do production work maybe I didn't need to be there. Just wondering if they are trying to set me up. I am there because I need my job and insurance. I only want to be shown respect and not belittled.

The sound like they are just making sure things are going okay in your recovery. If you tell them you are having trouble be happy they want to make sure things are going okay and not telling you to just deal with it. I understand you are just wanting to deal with it but they have to protect them selfs. Besides if everything is going as it should then that is what the doctor will say but if something is not going right maybe they will find out in time to fix it. Getting it fixed now could be better then waiting. Remember if they want you to see the doctor and you refuse they can stop any benefits.

you can earn their respect by continuing to act and perform professionally no matter how difficult the circumstances.
it can be difficult for an employer and your co-workers to recognize your new limitations and realize you can just as productive and dependable as before.

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Workers comp settlement amount help Jayal27 4 194 09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Comp. running out in Calif. C3d 3 356 08-20-2018, 01:11 AM
  IME report/Workers comp/employer debikayluo 6 6,370 06-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  NJ Workers Comp Question mcats 32 6,795 06-06-2018, 05:01 PM
  Workers Comp Adjuster (Arizona) 241050 9 831 05-20-2018, 12:07 PM
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 6 2,507 03-21-2018, 07:39 PM
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 21 3,643 03-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury) 241050 3 904 03-10-2018, 12:45 AM
  NC workers comp question Cwayman21 4 1,162 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  workers comp case in California, very difficult OUCH! 8 8,587 02-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Miller