Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinal Cord Stimulator
Well gang any of you who has a Stim ever have any trouble with it not working any more. I have not had it on for a few days now. I charged it mid week or a few days ago. After I charged it I did not turnn it on. Tonight I need it so I get up get the programer to fire it up. Well it is dead in my but. I tried calling Medtronics the maker of it in Mineappolis and they do not have after hrs for the stimulators. Damn I am glad it is not one of their heart monitors or something like that. I do have a business card for a clinician but do not know if she is still around my area. When I use the charger or the programer to try turning it on I get icons on the screen telling me to contact my Physican of Record. It will not fire up so I am hopeing it is not dead and to the point of having to be replaced in my body. They are to last 9 or 10 years. I was told by the surgrey dr. who implanted it in my body that I will need to have it replaced anywhere from 5 to 7 years. I have had it since 2008. Since it is so late I will not try to contact the clinician tonight but will call the numbers I have in the morning after I get some coffee going and had a couple cups. I do hope it is not time to replace it, and that the clinician will be able to reprogram it and get it to work a few more years.
Anyone here who has this ever had any issues with their stimulator,

Well tonight is a typical night as usual not being able to go to sleep. So i hope I will fall asleep something in the next 2 or 3 hrs.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Never had that problem but you might be able to call the doc that put it in and if he can't help he should be able to call somebody that can? Just thinking maybe there is something in the manual that might help? So I'm not even near mine to try and look for you. Had mine put in about the same time you did and I can tall you it seems like my battery doesn't last as long as it once did. Maybe I need to change up the way I charge it and it might help and maybe it just seems like that but who knows

If it is programs by a computer then perhaps it is an easy fix.

My daughter had an implant which hers was set and readjusted by computer.

It was a pain pump, don't know if they do that with simulators.

(01-27-2013, 03:00 AM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote: Well gang any of you who has a Stim ever have any trouble with it not working any more. I have not had it on for a few days now. I charged it mid week or a few days ago. After I charged it I did not turnn it on. Tonight I need it so I get up get the programer to fire it up. Well it is dead in my but. I tried calling Medtronics the maker of it in Mineappolis and they do not have after hrs for the stimulators. Damn I am glad it is not one of their heart monitors or something like that. I do have a business card for a clinician but do not know if she is still around my area. When I use the charger or the programer to try turning it on I get icons on the screen telling me to contact my Physican of Record. It will not fire up so I am hopeing it is not dead and to the point of having to be replaced in my body. They are to last 9 or 10 years. I was told by the surgrey dr. who implanted it in my body that I will need to have it replaced anywhere from 5 to 7 years. I have had it since 2008. Since it is so late I will not try to contact the clinician tonight but will call the numbers I have in the morning after I get some coffee going and had a couple cups. I do hope it is not time to replace it, and that the clinician will be able to reprogram it and get it to work a few more years.
Anyone here who has this ever had any issues with their stimulator,

Well tonight is a typical night as usual not being able to go to sleep. So i hope I will fall asleep something in the next 2 or 3 hrs.

Sorry to hear, hopefully there is somthing they can do to have it going again without going in for surgery.. Would it be the whole implant or just change out the battery..? I was under the impression when I was going to get mine that it would just be the battery anywhere from 5 to 10 yrs.. Hopefully this wont crimp the settlment talks other than maybe a bigger msa..... Good luck.

Hey gang, I called the Medtronics nurse and we just got off thephone. I am up and working again, She ws able to tell me how to reprogram it over the phone with only the patient programer needed to fix it. First she wanted to know if I have just recently had some medical procedure done. Which I have not. She then wanted to know if I was somehow next to some magnetic or metal that might have impacted it. Do not know what caused the problem, but what happened the battery in my butt shut down and had reset it self. She could not figure out what may have caused it to happen. But she was able to talk me through on how to restart it with by using the patient programer and not having to go in and meet with anyone to get it going again. If I had waited and called my Dr. on Monday, there is nothing he could of done, He would of had to call the nurse like I did and then had to wait for them to get back in touch with him. Then they would of tried to schedule a time that me and the clinical nurse could of got together in his office and then again she would of done the same thing there that we did over the phone here at home. I guess I am glad they have local clinical nurses and I have here cell phone and can get intouch with her myself. Not having to go through a Dr. Had I needed to meet with her the only way they are legaly able to do anything is meet with them at a physicians office. Can't meet at the local McDonalds LOL. But it is working and if something like that happens again I now know how to program it and get er going.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

C_F,
That's good to know and I bet a relief knowing it was simple.. Must have been a awfully powerfull magnet, sitting to close to some ones speaker box like the kids have now days.. The big boom stereo systems that rattle the car when parked along side.. Glad its ok now...

Hey Manley you better get C_Fs number in case yours goes out in the middle of the night...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I hear that. Might be some good info to know

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA WC removing spinal cord stims from MTUS California_Help 0 1,842 09-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Dorsal column stimulator? kit 5 3,166 01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: backache
  Spine Stimulator Keeping the faith 3 2,857 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion