Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-06-2015, 02:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question on trigger point injections
01-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Question on trigger point injections
Next Monday I am scheduled to have the first trigger point injection.

A question for injured workers who have had the injection.

How did you feel after the injection, were you able to drive home.

My injection will be done in Wichita and I will not have a driver so I will have to drive myself home about 40 miles from the surgery center.

Tuesday I have a lot going on and will be on my feet for most of the day, things that can not be avoided. Will I feel up to this the day after the injection?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Question on trigger point injections
I've had 9. 3 shots 3 different times. They don't really hurt, but they are steroids, so it really just depends on how you will react to the steriod. I always became very anxious. I was always able to drive myself home, and had very little discomfort after the injection. However, everytime my physical therapist saw me after them, she was shocked by the brusing, I don't know if that's normal, if the doc was rough, or maybe my muscle were just that knotted up. As far as helping, Seems like it helped the first time but not at all after that. They just shot me where ever my pain was. But you shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as driving or pain.

May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
When I had them in my abdomin trying to get the nerve that is trapped in scar tissue, it did not hurt.. I also had my son drive me, but I would have drove just fine..

Milo, I have the same effect with any type of steroid weather its pill or injection... When they did 3 levels at the pain clinic I was up all night and hardly felt like sleeping the next night. I think the worst for me was just the irretation where they poked the skin..
01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
My primary made the referral to a different doctor to do the injections. I did not like this doctor and refused to make the appointment.

When I saw the primary earlier this week he agreed to make the referral to the doctor of my choice. I like the doctor of my choice, I have had 4 Epidural steroid injections by this doctor, I like the doctor because of he is gentle.

I do not do well with steroid shots, the last time the doctor tried to give me one he wasn't able to complete the shot because the pain was so great. That one was for carpal tunnel and done in the doctor's office.
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Had the trigger point injections yesterday. On the left and right side of t-0 and bilateral shoulders.

Tonight the shoulders and neck are very tight and I have a cervical headache.

Anyone know how long it takes for the trigger point injections to work?
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM
I believe with any type of injections some get relief as soon as it's done.. Some say next day, what I have found is after the injection 6 to 10 hrs later it hurts more but then the next day its either better or at least back to normal pain...
01-30-2013, 05:56 AM
The doctor did say if this doesn't work then the next step is ESI.

I had an MRI with contrast Monday, something the neurosurgeon requested after the fall down the stairs.

Should get the written report today.
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
(01-30-2013 05:56 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote:  The doctor did say if this doesn't work then the next step is ESI.

I had an MRI with contrast Monday, something the neurosurgeon requested after the fall down the stairs.

Should get the written report today.

Hopefully the esi will help, I just cant imagine having hardware in my neck.. I have enough on the lower half...
02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
The injections worked for about 10 days.

Neck pain was at a 9/10 yesterday, today it is the thoracic spine. Doctor says when the vertebrea at T-9 rotates it puts pressure on the diaghram and that is why I have trouble breathing.
02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
The injections worked for about 10 days.

Neck pain was at a 9/10 yesterday, today it is the thoracic spine. Doctor says when the vertebrea at T-9 rotates it puts pressure on the diaghram and that is why I have trouble breathing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New dr, New injections bronco54501 10 1,022 01-27-2015 06:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  I got my facet injections yesterday bronco54501 14 3,928 01-04-2013 07:56 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Has anyone had trigger point injections? Bummer Knees 6 2,042 01-04-2013 08:39 AM
  Tainted steriod injections bronco54501 14 2,880 10-31-2012 09:01 PM
Last Post: hurt back
  Question about steriod injections per the hand Bummer Knees 6 1,296 03-05-2012 07:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  2nd abdominal injections bronco54501 0 810 08-09-2011 11:18 PM
  please read my injections post Sithie 2 1,308 09-27-2007 06:43 PM
Last Post: Sithie