Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE stopped due to pain, now TTD stopped
Currently dx with RSD on my left side. My FCE couldnt be completed because I could not do most of the tasks. I was then sent for Work Conditioning. That too had to be stopped per the therapist at rehab.It was making my symptoms worse, Now my TTD has stopped completely stating that I am not a participant in the program. So would this mean I am 100% disabled or should I find another therapist who would let me continue in their work hardening program. At a total Loss!! My RSD has affected my leg, hip, arm and neck. How can I get thru this or should I hope to be out of this WC nightmare. Thank you!!

(01-23-2013, 04:38 PM)constantpain Wrote: Currently dx with RSD on my left side. My FCE couldnt be completed because I could not do most of the tasks. I was then sent for Work Conditioning. That too had to be stopped per the therapist at rehab.It was making my symptoms worse, Now my TTD has stopped completely stating that I am not a participant in the program. So would this mean I am 100% disabled or should I find another therapist who would let me continue in their work hardening program. At a total Loss!! My RSD has affected my leg, hip, arm and neck. How can I get thru this or should I hope to be out of this WC nightmare. Thank you!!
The rules on payment of work comp benefits are different in each state but generally a doctor would have to specifically state your disability level for benefits to be due;
Your disability status cannot be deduced by you or the carrier from your inability to perform certain activities.

........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(01-23-2013, 04:38 PM)constantpain Wrote: Currently dx with RSD on my left side. My FCE couldnt be completed because I could not do most of the tasks. I was then sent for Work Conditioning. That too had to be stopped per the therapist at rehab.It was making my symptoms worse, Now my TTD has stopped completely stating that I am not a participant in the program. So would this mean I am 100% disabled or should I find another therapist who would let me continue in their work hardening program. At a total Loss!! My RSD has affected my leg, hip, arm and neck. How can I get thru this or should I hope to be out of this WC nightmare. Thank you!!

Have you personaly seen the report your therapist wrote to the ins company... There are a few bad apples in the therapy places that want to please the payer (wc).. They may have said you were not participating or not compliant with work hardening,, It would be the dr to make that decision on weather your at mmi and this would stop bennifits... Either way, what does your attorney say...?

(01-25-2013, 12:37 AM)bronco54501 Wrote:

Have you personaly seen the report your therapist wrote to the ins company... There are a few bad apples in the therapy places that want to please the payer (wc).. They may have said you were not participating or not compliant with work hardening,, It would be the dr to make that decision on weather your at mmi and this would stop bennifits... Either way, what does your attorney say...?

Thanks for the info!! No I haven't seen the report she wrote but she sent me a letter telling me there was nothing more she could do for me until the pain subsides. Also asked that I get nerve blocks and then try to come back. Only problem is nothing is approved. Now I just got a letter saying I am finished with WC because I stopped the conditioning program. Who do I tell? I would not have stopped but she said it wasnt helping at this point and didn't see the need for me to continue.No I havent had a MMI appointment yet. If I couldnt complete a FCE bc of pain and worsening symptoms and couldnt finish a conditioning program because of the same, would that make me done with the WC system? Totallly wish I was so I can move on with treatment that I should have gotten years ago using my own insurance. Thanks for any info? Truly appreciated....constantpain!

(01-25-2013, 12:52 AM)constantpain Wrote:

Thanks for the info!! No I haven't seen the report she wrote but she sent me a letter telling me there was nothing more she could do for me until the pain subsides. Also asked that I get nerve blocks and then try to come back. Only problem is nothing is approved. Now I just got a letter saying I am finished with WC because I stopped the conditioning program. Who do I tell? I would not have stopped but she said it wasnt helping at this point and didn't see the need for me to continue.No I havent had a MMI appointment yet. If I couldnt complete a FCE bc of pain and worsening symptoms and couldnt finish a conditioning program because of the same, would that make me done with the WC system? Totallly wish I was so I can move on with treatment that I should have gotten years ago using my own insurance. Thanks for any info? Truly appreciated....constantpain!
[/b]

You asked "[b]If I couldnt complete a FCE bc of pain and worsening symptoms and couldnt finish a conditioning program because of the same, would that make me done with the WC system

You also stated that you stopped the conditioning, this in wc terms is not compliant... You can stop like you did, but it would have been better if you talked to your dr and he stopped it... I dont recall if you have a attorney but one may be needed to get this resolved...

(01-25-2013, 03:17 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:
(01-25-2013, 12:52 AM)constantpain Wrote:

[/b]

You asked "[b]If I couldnt complete a FCE bc of pain and worsening symptoms and couldnt finish a conditioning program because of the same, would that make me done with the WC system

You also stated that you stopped the conditioning, this in wc terms is not compliant... You can stop like you did, but it would have been better if you talked to your dr and he stopped it... I dont recall if you have a attorney but one may be needed to get this resolved...

Sorry I wrote that incorrectly. The therapist told me not to come back because she couldnt do anything for me at this point. She referred me for pain management and then to come back to her.So I am slowing workig on things at home when the pain isnt so severe. Is it best to fight to stay in a conditioning program or just try to end this whole nightmare. Which is better for mr? This has gone on now for 5 years and the pain is worse than ever because the care is poor! Thanks again

you need a good or better lawyer to help you thru the system.....it is not a sandbox you want to play in alone....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I would be "anxious" to see the FCE report; They probably listed you as a "faker" meaning you did not want to cooperate or they did redundant test to see if you acted the same way.

Do not be surprised if your report comes back saying you refused to put out a reasonable effort and you could have tried; They had your bp and heart monitored right?

they did the first time but BP went over 200/100 so it was stopped. next time they didnt monitor it at all. The FCE man said I needed work conditioning, and the therapist that did the conditioning said I was not in a good enought shape so she discontinued it. ?????

(01-29-2013, 04:53 PM)constantpain Wrote: they did the first time but BP went over 200/100 so it was stopped. next time they didnt monitor it at all. The FCE man said I needed work conditioning, and the therapist that did the conditioning said I was not in a good enought shape so she discontinued it. ?????

I would request a copy of the FCE findings; These companies are "in the hip pocket" of the Workers Compensation Insurance companies. They ARE NOT on your side. I was in the WC "Arena" for almost 9 years in Louisiana. I have seen a lot but knowledge is king.

What is your age?

Why would they stop your TTD with all the ongoing major issues you have? Get my point? Lawyer up before it is to late and no lawyer will take you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 1,291 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
Exclamation Work Comp stopped payments unbeleivable lack of knowledge rps 1 2,667 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Insurance Co stopped talking Rebos 21 10,428 06-12-2014, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Rebos
  Me vs **no names please**-workcomp checks stopped again. lonestar_61530 4 6,073 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  Found to be at MMI & Benefits stopped kerrtxgjg 5 5,564 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  TTD stopped for a year, just started again constantpain 18 10,298 05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: constantpain
  Case Mgr stopped all medical care constantpain 8 6,681 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Last Post: constantpain
Wink settled and i/c stopped medical, lawyer ran nomeds 2 2,597 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: unjured2
  sdi stopped payment pending qme results kylecalifornia 5 11,312 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kylecalifornia
  Benefits stopped Big T 1 4,230 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM