Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumbar fusion related to cervical pain
After reading Bronco's post on his neck, I wanted to get your thoughts on my similiar situation. 2 level lumbar fusion for spondy 6 months ago, out of no where, my neck first wasn't turning to the right, then stiffens during sleep, and constant pain ocassionaly down right arm, This has been goin on for two weeks. Could it be related to the fusion? That is my main question. Then do I ask my spine surgeon even though he released me. You Ideas or experiences will be useful, better than being clueless at this point.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Milo I have Lumbar, thoracic, and cervical spine injuries. I had an ACDF of the cervical spine in 2011.

If the lumbar spine is out of alignment then it throws rest of the spine off which can lead to problems with the cervical spine and arm pain.

Hope that helps.

(01-22-2013, 02:46 AM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Milo I have Lumbar, thoracic, and cervical spine injuries. I had an ACDF of the cervical spine in 2011.

If the lumbar spine is out of alignment then it throws rest of the spine off which can lead to problems with the cervical spine and arm pain.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I should just put a call into my surgeon. Just in case. He said he would be there if I should ever need anything. What you say is all to true. Before fusion, my left shoulder would swell and knot up, but the fusion fixed this. Neck has me up this morn, I have to slowly move it to get it unstuck before getting up.
May my personal experience help others. No question is stupid.

Even though I complained of neck pain right after injury, wc did grant pt and seem to help.. They figured it was muscle related from being in a c collar for 2 months while healing in hospital.. Never had x-rays on the neck and I'm not sure why because I had to hemotomas (spelling) on the brain from bashing my head in the mva..It was almost a year later and after complaining constantly of headaches they granted a mri.. The findings didnt find anything major but did show ddd and some stenosis and slight bone spurs.. I seen a chiro for about a year and he kept the headaches at minimal until wc said no more treatment.. Its been roughly a year since I have been to chiro and headaches everyday since and now the latest issues that have got better but still hurts and binds..

you may have busted another disc fusions will do that or it may have become for one reason or another out of line.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why you should not get fusion surgery for plain back pain California_Help 5 3,760 10-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  resource info for cervical neck pain Bummer Knees 1 1,331 10-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  A question, Is this related to the neck? Bummer Knees 8 4,084 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Anterior cervical discectomy fusion C5-6 Bummer Knees 12 14,221 10-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Cervical Fusion, CompBob! Used Your Jokes This Week admin 2 5,213 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Doctor says I may have nerve pain related to knee problems Bummer Knees 7 3,596 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Last Post: monster