Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to work after settlement.
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM,
MyBB  Returning to work after settlement.
Hello I have a question I settled my workers comp case 6 months ago with a C&R which only settled the injury not employment, I recently asked for an accommodation review from human resources and they said i'm ok to go back to usual work and will supply a lifting belt however, my doctor changed my restrictions when they contacted him for the accommodation review. So I was wondering if this is normal for the doctor to change working restrictions after settlement? Thanks
12-11-2012, 02:58 AM,
RE: Returning to work after settlement.
(12-10-2012, 11:24 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Hello I have a question I settled my workers comp case 6 months ago with a C&R which only settled the injury not employment, I recently asked for an accommodation review from human resources and they said i'm ok to go back to usual work and will supply a lifting belt however, my doctor changed my restrictions when they contacted him for the accommodation review. So I was wondering if this is normal for the doctor to change working restrictions after settlement? Thanks

there are really no public statistics on such an issue so there is no way to verify any answer to the question.

if your settlement involved permanent impairment then you had to be permanent & stationary before a rating could be done.
unless the doctor made a grievous error, falsified their report, or you are suffering from another injury or condition your restriction should not have changed so soon.
an opinion with justification and facts as to how the change occurred should be challenged.

or it could be used to throw out the settlement.
12-11-2012, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012, 04:16 AM by lizdawiz82.)
(12-11-2012, 02:58 AM)1171 Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 11:24 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: Hello I have a question I settled my workers comp case 6 months ago with a C&R which only settled the injury not employment, I recently asked for an accommodation review from human resources and they said i'm ok to go back to usual work and will supply a lifting belt however, my doctor changed my restrictions when they contacted him for the accommodation review. So I was wondering if this is normal for the doctor to change working restrictions after settlement? Thanks

there are really no public statistics on such an issue so there is no way to verify any answer to the question.

if your settlement involved permanent impairment then you had to be permanent & stationary before a rating could be done.
unless the doctor made a grievous error, falsified their report, or you are suffering from another injury or condition your restriction should not have changed so soon.
an opinion with justification and facts as to how the change occurred should be challenged.

or it could be used to throw out the settlement.
I was declared P&S a year ago and already received my settlement in June, I asked for an accommodation on 11/10/12 and gave them my doctors note from December of 2011 but HR said she called my doctor and he said I can't lift more then 25 pounds, but a year ago I was not able to lift more then 20 pounds with no repetitive bending or stooping and no work above shoulder level. So i'm very confuse as to why my doctor would change my restrictions. I don't know if I should return to work with this new restriction, do you think their trying to get the settlement back? or do doctors change restrictions as time go by? thanks
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM by 1171.)
your doctor should be giving you your restrictions.
make an appointment to talk to the doctor about the change.
find our if more changes are coming.
find out if you are still permanent and stationary.
find out how permanent and how stationary.
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM,
(12-11-2012, 12:06 PM)1171 Wrote: your doctor should be giving you your restrictions.
make an appointment to talk to the doctor about the change.
find our if more changes are coming.
find out if you are still permanent and stationary.
find out how permanent and how stationary.

I just called my doctors office and they told me that my doctor has never changed my restrictions, I don't see how they are accommodating me if they are not considering my permanent restrictions, and making up their own restrictions for me. Do you think I should make a complaint on them?
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM,
[/quote]

I just called my doctors office and they told me that my doctor has never changed my restrictions, I don't see how they are accommodating me if they are not considering my permanent restrictions, and making up their own restrictions for me. Do you think I should make a complaint on them?
[/quote]

to who?
it could be just a misunderstanding. you need job. you have to walk fine line with this one.
12-11-2012, 07:50 PM,

[/quote]

to who?
it could be just a misunderstanding. you need job. you have to walk fine line with this one.
[/quote]

HAHA to Obama..I want to work for the same company but I also don't want to get in trouble later on, I thought since I closed my workers comp case that whatever I decide to do after that ( like going outside of doctors restrictions) would not affect the case since it's already closed.
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM,
working outside your restrictions could leave you open to fraud.
if you say you can't do something then take a settlement and then go do it any way--looks bad and you are taking a chance it won't get back to the employer/carrier.
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012, 08:56 PM by jayne.)
or reinjury have you thought of that? are you willing to go thru this all over again?
or reinjury have you thought of that? are you willing to go thru this all over again?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

12-11-2012, 10:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012, 10:55 PM by lizdawiz82.)
(12-11-2012, 08:56 PM)jayne Wrote: or reinjury have you thought of that? are you willing to go thru this all over again?

Yeah that's why i'm not going back because they really did not accommodate me.
(12-11-2012, 08:05 PM)1171 Wrote: working outside your restrictions could leave you open to fraud.
if you say you can't do something then take a settlement and then go do it any way--looks bad and you are taking a chance it won't get back to the employer/carrier.

The restrictions that my doctor gave me where given to me, I never told him that I was not able to do them. I can do them but I have pain if I do them. I thought restrictions where given to the injured just to prevent them from aggravating their injuries even more? I did not know that going out of restrictions was considered fraud because in the beginning of my injury I went out of my restrictions and my employer knew that I did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  returning to work with 34 less hours, can I get another job while working this one mart 1 494 01-27-2015, 03:41 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Fall and Concussion at work...settlement??? metalpyro 1 4,060 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Exclamation returning to work dsj9540 3 1,377 10-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Returning to work JennJenn 5 2,006 09-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Last Post: JennJenn
  WORK COMP SETTLEMENT sweetbabyarika 2 6,534 07-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Last Post: sweetbabyarika
  Question about returning to work too soon kozer1 3 2,379 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  How long must an employer keep me employed after returning to work? (California) christiev 3 5,126 02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
  Quiting after returning to work? H.A.R 1 2,270 07-16-2011, 10:34 AM
  Returning to work!?!?! ammowoman 2 2,891 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: weezle735
  Settlement offer on work comp Bummer Knees 6 28,270 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees