Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Takes All Kinds
My younger sister was injured recently on the job while working for a homeowner.

My sister was cleaning for Mrs. J at the time she was injured. Mrs. J and her family employees my sister to clean the apartment complex they own.

While on the job my sister fell injuring her hand, today she has little strength in the hand and can not open or close her hand. My sister has an appointment with a hand surgeon in a couple of weeks.

The injury was turned into the insurance company and everything has gone smoothly until today.

The insurance adjuster called my sister today and wants to meet her Wednesday in the Wal Mart parking lot.

I would say the guy is up to no good.......what are your thoughts on this?

I recall when I first got injured. The adjuster and the person that does the medical approval wanted to meet with me. It was set up so that would be done in my house and the wife would be home also.

I am not sure about a female meeting a male in the Walmart parking lot. If I was her, I would set it up to take place either at home or the job site.

Ps. what is the cure to stop my computer from double posting? If you know.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I recall when I first got injured. The adjuster and the person that does the medical approval wanted to meet with me. It was set up so that would be done in my house and the wife would be home also.

I am not sure about a female meeting a male in the Walmart parking lot. If I was her, I would set it up to take place either at home or the job site.

Ps. what is the cure to stop my computer from double posting? If you know.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I wouldnt trust any of them, but it also could be legit.. I dont know if the owner of the place has wc coverage or if they are trying the home owners ins.. But either way some just like a face to face meeting.. I sure wouldnt be meeting them at wally world parking lot... I hope she is smart and dos not agree to anything he is going to try.....

I would meet no one in a walmart parking lot! If they want to meet somewhere then make it the police station. I'm sure there is one close by.
I would meet no one in a walmart parking lot! If they want to meet somewhere....I'm sure them is a police station close as welll to meet at.

The insurance company has an office in town and my sister has suggested meeting with the adjuster there.

The adjuster told her no that they would close early for the holidays today.

The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 today.

I sure hope my sister listens to me and calls off the meeting.

Not for sure if this is work comp or the home owners. Since this is a business the company has work comp insurance, or that is what they have told my sister.

I would definately not let that person come to my home. I would find some neutral place to meet him., and take someone with me, but definately not my home. Make it some public place.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

My sister did not meet with the adjuster. After talking to her and reading the responses on this thread she decided not to meet with the adjuster.

She did say she will agree to meet with the adjuster in the the insurance agent's office only.

Thanks everyone for your responses, I think we go thru to her that the adjuster was not in her best interest.

Glad she didn't meet with him, Walmart parking lot, that's a new one on me. To rob her?????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  woman takes speeding ticket to supreme court California_Help 0 2,352 11-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: California_Help