Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dont want workmans comp
I hurt my back at 17 the other day taking out trash made me have back pain went to ER they told me what to do gave meds and 5 days off now workmans comp involved they want to make me work and not take one of the meds they say no lifting over 5 pounds no lifting pushing pulling bending or climbing, i paid for the first visit how do i get out of this and still have a jobSad

(08-16-2012, 01:20 PM)lucy mann Wrote: I hurt my back at 17 the other day taking out trash made me have back pain went to ER they told me what to do gave meds and 5 days off now workmans comp involved they want to make me work and not take one of the meds they say no lifting over 5 pounds no lifting pushing pulling bending or climbing, i paid for the first visit how do i get out of this and still have a jobSad
i really need input fast yhey say i have to be to work in 2 hours

(08-16-2012, 01:20 PM)lucy mann Wrote: I hurt my back at 17 the other day taking out trash made me have back pain went to ER they told me what to do gave meds and 5 days off now workmans comp involved they want to make me work and not take one of the meds they say no lifting over 5 pounds no lifting pushing pulling bending or climbing, i paid for the first visit how do i get out of this and still have a jobSad

if you don't want to do the restricted work that is available then comp won't pay disability while you are off work.
if your employment is covered by FMLA you have 12 weeks of job protection
more here:
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/p...fmlaen.pdf
but FMLA won't help if you abandon your employment.

workers comp is not compulsory on your part. you can pay for treatment yourself and give up disability payments.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

If you dont want to be part of workers comp just tell the doctor you feel 100 percent better to return to work with out restrictions and they will close your case a month from now and if you have problems later on you can open again within 5 years from date of injury, well thats how it works in california, im not sure how it works in your state.

(08-16-2012, 03:38 PM)1171 Wrote:

if you don't want to do the restricted work that is available then comp won't pay disability while you are off work.
if your employment is covered by FMLA you have 12 weeks of job protection
more here:
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/p...fmlaen.pdf
but FMLA won't help if you abandon your employment.

workers comp is not compulsory on your part. you can pay for treatment yourself and give up disability payments.

thanks so much this was not a work injury didnt need it or want the ins people called today got it worked out thank you so much for your imput, i was not going to quit i felt i was being bullied into things, I think it should be a choice and since the injury is almost 20 years old its on me
thanks so much this was not a work injury didnt need it or want the ins people called today got it worked out thank you so much for your imput, i was not going to quit i felt i was being bullied into things, I think it should be a choice and since the injury is almost 20 years old its on me

I hope you made the right decision.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Employer avoiding using workmans comp tinainky 119 13,314 Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  Reopening old workmans comp case ravenzdad3 1 372 03-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CT - Full-Thickness Laceration Of the left ring finger -Workmans Comp Procedures? systemviper 4 1,160 11-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Is this a Workmans Comp Claim Kmrosela 2 2,096 10-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Overpaid Workmans Comp- Can they take it back? Kaity8891 2 1,970 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
  do you need to pay back workmans comp? ameliayob 8 6,478 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 4,158 05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workmans Comp question joe p 7 5,344 03-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  how to make workmans comp restart payments lisaann7878@yahoo.com 1 3,320 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Sad Help please! 20 years old. workmans comp injury to my shoulder brocco604 4 8,032 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: don1956